Liberty & Apex Rom-Mod-AOSP

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
So what do you get if you throw Apex and Liberty in a blender?

An AOSP Liberty ROM...

original post: [ROM MOD] AOSP Liberty GB

"This is a Modded version of the Liberty ROM that I have put together with the help of jrummy16 & Fabolous (Liberty & Apex). This is a full ROM built on Liberty GB Base with all the tweaks, scripts, & goodies from jrummy, with the AOSP built from source Apps, compiled by Fabolous"

-Mobile_Sensei

Last edited:

dacp283

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Yea I found this last night and was waiting to see what kind of results people were seeing with it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
It's running great. Everything does look kind of little though (icons, keyboard). This can all be adjusted, but it feels a little rushed (aesthetically). Will tool around with for the rest of the day and let everyone know my general first 24 hour impressions.

dacp283

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
It's running great. Everything does look kind of little though (icons, keyboard). This can all be adjusted, but it feels a little rushed (aesthetically). Will tool around with for the rest of the day and let everyone know my general first 24 hour impressions.

Cool, will be looking forward to your input. I like my Liberty and will take a lot to get me off it.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

LOL... I was trying to push this on my buddy so he could tell me if it was alright. Please let us know!

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I spent the day/night with Liberty & Apex Rom-Mod-AOSP. I didn't touch any settings or "adjust" anything. These results are straight from the ROM. First off the ROM does run well. It's very fast, very snappy, and I had 0 reboots/restarts and didn't notice anything buggy or glitchey with my device.

ScreenShot-7.png

As I said above, aesthetically , it could use some work. I do not care for the taskbar icons, launcher, or wallpaper that come default with the ROM. Fortunately I have purchased the Liberty Tool Box and was able to change the battery icon to something that's actually visible, but without putting a theme on my device I have to deal with the tiny 3G, WiFi, and Clock icons (your notice-icons are full size BTW, but the DX has a big beautiful screen, trust me when I say bigger icons would not disrupt the experience in the least bit). I do like the dialer and use of the shamrock green color though. I should note, the boot logo is just the Apex 'Google' logo followed by the ol' Liberty spiny bird. Why this was a credited bullet-point on the DL page is still unknown to me.

I'm sort of on the fence about the battery life span as well. It's not bad, but I wasn't wowed by it. I feel that Apex RC2 has a little more bang to it, but felt like it still had a bit more push behind it than with Liberty V0.8. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary with my device. Just made a couple quick calls, did some basic web browsing, TweetDecking, and maybe listened to about 15 minutes of music. I'm glad Spare Parts was included with this ROM so I can check out what my battery is up to, but for the life of me I could not find a Battery Manager option anywhere in the settings.

ScreenShot-5.png

ScreenShot-6.png

(for some reason the 'Time Since Boot' information is incorrect, I took this screen shots moments after the image above, and the time displayed there is correct).

Overall I think it's a good ROM and worth checking out. I'd much rather prefer a ROM that has a straight Liberty-look with an Apex-feel. I think it's a good start, and hope later builds will address the disappointments I had. Think I'll run this until the Liberty V0.9 Nightly drops!

Reactions: JkdJedi

dacp283

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Excellent observation and review thanks! Don't think I'll leave Liberty just yet. This sounds good but not amazing.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I spent the day/night with Liberty & Apex Rom-Mod-AOSP. I didn't touch any settings or "adjust" anything. These results are straight from the ROM. First off the ROM does run well. It's very fast, very snappy, and I had 0 reboots/restarts and didn't notice anything buggy or glitchey with my device.

ScreenShot-7.png

As I said above, aesthetically , it could use some work. I do not care for the taskbar icons, launcher, or wallpaper that come default with the ROM. Fortunately I have purchased the Liberty Tool Box and was able to change the battery icon to something that's actually visible, but without putting a theme on my device I have to deal with the tiny 3G, WiFi, and Clock icons (your notice-icons are full size BTW, but the DX has a big beautiful screen, trust me when I say bigger icons would not disrupt the experience in the least bit). I do like the dialer and use of the shamrock green color though. I should note, the boot logo is just the Apex 'Google' logo followed by the ol' Liberty spiny bird. Why this was a credited bullet-point on the DL page is still unknown to me.

I'm sort of on the fence about the battery life span as well. It's not bad, but I wasn't wowed by it. I feel that Apex RC2 has a little more bang to it, but felt like it still had a bit more push behind it than with Liberty V0.8. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary with my device. Just made a couple quick calls, did some basic web browsing, TweetDecking, and maybe listened to about 15 minutes of music. I'm glad Spare Parts was included with this ROM so I can check out what my battery is up to, but for the life of me I could not find a Battery Manager option anywhere in the settings.

ScreenShot-5.png

ScreenShot-6.png

(for some reason the 'Time Since Boot' information is incorrect, I took this screen shots moments after the image above, and the time displayed there is correct).

Overall I think it's a good ROM and worth checking out. I'd much rather prefer a ROM that has a straight Liberty-look with an Apex-feel. I think it's a good start, and hope later builds will address the disappointments I had. Think I'll run this until the Liberty V0.9 Nightly drops!

+1! Outstanding review...Thanks!

harryj

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Been running this for about a week or so. All is smooth and very peppy!!

I am however having an issue with market.
I don't see all of my apps, only the purchased ones.
This wasn't the case after the Gbread update, only after the ROM
I tried the Marketfix, but that didn't seem to do it.
I used to get notifications of updates daily <I do have notifications enabled>
I saved all my apk files to SD prior to updating and reloaded via root explorer.

Is there a fix ? Or did I miss something?

Thx

Last edited:

pank

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick bump:
Been running this ROM for a week now and all I ca say is WOW! Battery life is great, Works perfectly with all my keyboards (swype, SwiftKey X, Smart Keyboard Pro, etc.), new market is working fine (had to download new market .apk and put in System apps via root explorer. Tested out Launcher Pro, ADW EX, and currently using Go Launcher EX and all work fine.

IMHO this is a perfect blend of AOSP, Liberty, and Fab's work. If you have not checked it out yet give it a go and you won't be disappointed :)

Installed the ROM on my DX running the pre-rooted TB .602 release after wiping data/cache. Restored most apps via a titanium backup. Only thing to remember is that you have to manually download (NOT restore via titanium) the Google apps like maps, Gmail, etc.

Very very pleased with this ROM. I only hope they keep updating it and come out with an "official" .602 release. When you flash the ROM your radio will stay on .13 but it shows the system as being .596 instead of .602. And as always (yes, if you are in this root forum you already know this) do a Nandroid backup before installing! ;)

Quadrant without messing with DX overclock is ranging from the high 1500's to low 1600's. Not bad...

Oh, and the only issue (not sure if it's an actual bug or not) is when you go to update your roaming *228 you will not have the option to view your dialpad during the call to select an option. Simple work around is to just long press on your hard menu button until the keyboard pops up.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan