Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Default Help from a rooted user

Hey all. I am working on a theory, and looking for a little help. I unfortunately installed the stock version of 595 for my DX. I now want to root and play around with different roms and such. Gingerbreak didn't work, so I am stuck SBF'ing, rooting, and then upgrading. I have no problem with this, except I really don't want to lose my game progress and app settings.

So, I know that you can pull the Angry Bird saves from the data folder with ADB, assuming you know the exact folder structure and filename. I have been able to do this with the three versions of Angry Birds. Now, my thoughts, if I can do it those games, I don't see any reason why I can't do it with my other games. Unfortunately, without root, I don't know the exact folder and file names of the save game files. So, I was hoping someone with root can check out a folder or two for me, so I can test this out.

Perhaps I can start with anyone who has Plants Vs Zombies and / or Peggle. I am thinking the saves are in the files folder, under /data/data/com.popcap.pvz/files and /data/data/com.popcap.peggle/files. Can someone tell me the exact file names in those folders, case-sensitive please? If this works, I will eventually compile a list to help users in the future. Thanks all!!
    MacGyver Wannabe

Default Re: Help from a rooted user

Titanium Backup or MyBackup.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Thanks for the reply. But as I mentioned, I installed the stock non-rooted version of 595, so I am not rooted. Therefore I an trying to backup the most important stuff now manually, before I sbf.
    MacGyver Wannabe

Use Gingerbreak to root and then create backups. That will save all your stuff. Then follow the directions for the two-part rooted GB update to get on the official .596 build with root. Then restore the apps you need from the backups.