Which Overclock App?

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to decide between Android Overclock and Quickclock Advance.

What are your thoughts on the two?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm a user of Quick Clock Advanced. I have not used Android Overclock nor have I seen it in action. I wil testify for QCA that it is very simple. And it safely sets you at the number that you can operate at, then let you save that as a profile. No sometimes it isnt very high(you can see my stats in my sig), as the X can go reportedly to 1.5 which runs very hot @ higher speeds I have noticed. So thats what I have to say.

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
QCA is the one I'm leaning towards. I like that it sets the cpu to the optimal setting for the phone.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes then I would say once a month do it again since u go thru alot of system and app changes. Just please lol follow the directions to a T. The processor is not somethin u wana cook

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, wonder what kinda damage youd have to do to get a full device replacement. I guess kill the processor but if they saw you did it with a rooted app they may not. Then again I could be wrong and they dont check since its not VZW or MOTO, its Asurion. I have them too.

slycen

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
QCA works very well and Jersey is right. Make sure to run the speed calibrations a few times, sometimes it changes depending on how long its been since you changed something or even started up. Mine clocks to 1.45ghz but I like to keep it at 1.3 for safety.

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
QCA works very well and Jersey is right. Make sure to run the speed calibrations a few times, sometimes it changes depending on how long its been since you changed something or even started up. Mine clocks to 1.45ghz but I like to keep it at 1.3 for safety.

This is crucial for safety reasons. My phone can also get to 1.45ghz but I leave it underclocked for battery saving purposes.

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, wonder what kinda damage youd have to do to get a full device replacement. I guess kill the processor but if they saw you did it with a rooted app they may not. Then again I could be wrong and they dont check since its not VZW or MOTO, its Asurion. I have them too.

Not much really. I replaced my X in February in an insurance claim due to some cosmetic and hardware issues. Verizon wouldn't replace because I told them I dropped it.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have used Android Overclock and I love the interface and haven't really had any issues, I have mine clocked at 1250mhz ot low voltage and the only thing I notice is it run a bit hot after listening to Pandora Radio for awhile... I have consider trying QCA but haven't tried it yet because Android Overclock has been performing for me..

attachment.php

Last edited:

ChBtT

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I highly reccomend android overclock. I have not tried the other one, but android over lock is great. Plenty of both advanced and basic options, it has warnings built in if you could possibly push the limits too far, has tons of extras and great dev support.

jonathon1289

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I actually have both apps and use them. I use QuickClock to calculate my lowest voltage and highest speed (for voltage, you can usually go two volts below what QCA specifies) and then plug this into Android Overclock custom/advanced settings. I had my DX running at 1.2ghz at 62 volts just fine, but I have backed that down a bit more to save battery life. You really can't go wrong with either one, but my money is on Android OC.

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I'm giving QCA a shot. The only thing I don't like about it so far is the interface.

I was using Milestone OC for a while then went to jrummy's scripts in Apex. I know AOC will run great due to my experience with his scripts.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I actually have both apps and use them. I use QuickClock to calculate my lowest voltage and highest speed (for voltage, you can usually go two volts below what QCA specifies) and then plug this into Android Overclock custom/advanced settings. I had my DX running at 1.2ghz at 62 volts just fine, but I have backed that down a bit more to save battery life. You really can't go wrong with either one, but my money is on Android OC.

+1 got both apps as well. ;-) (How did u skin the app? Nice Pic!)

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Think you quoted the wrong post...I didn't have a pic posted. But, I am sure that pic is his wallpaper and he has Android OC set to be transparent.

That is correct, I have the background set to transparent so my wallpaper shows....