How to get rid of the signal bars in GB on Droid X

kenwalker1970

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi! I have a Droid X that I only use on wifi, even in the car. I was wondering if there was a way to remove the signal bars from the status bar? Thanks for any help!

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi! I have a Droid X that I only use on wifi, even in the car. I was wondering if there was a way to remove the signal bars from the status bar? Thanks for any help!

???? Signal bars have nothing to do with the data or wifi connection, that is only for the network.

You can disable the data connection in Settings / Battery and Data Manager / Data Delivery / Uncheck Data Enable and Background data but this wont effect the bars for the network.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Well if you really wana get rid of them, that would be a question for the CM7 team as in their CM7 settings under settings clickie, you can disable the clock. SO if the clock can go away, maybe they have a way to write in how to rid the bars too. They may see that as an odd request just to warn you,lol

kenwalker1970

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
yeah I use it as a phone. I use line2 from the market and wifi at home for calls and data. I have a private wifi server in my car to use when I'm traveling. That's why I wanted to know how to get rid of the signal bars as thy are of no use to me since I'm not tied to a carrier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12