AHHHH! I can NOT get a custom ROM on my phone!!!

markyoung04

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Okay, both of these situations have been tried twice (that is 4 SBFs today), and they all started fresh. Situation 1 I am at least on a rooted version of GB but what am I missing

1. Installing the gingerbread according to the post that laid it out in two parts - 596 rooted and that was all good. So I am at least on a rooted version of 596 but I tried to get APEX 2.0 on twice and it hung at the MOTO logo. I can not get to stock recovery to wipe either when I try to hold down HOME key and Power then hit search it just stays at the ! screen with little green dude on it.

2. So I SBF to FROYO - ROOT - and do Droid2 Bootloader (not DroidX)....and I have a paid version of TBH application and have downloaded the DEOXED all in one zip downloaded (tried it twice). I make sure to wipe system, then cache, then mount/system and then I jump back one screen and start the install of TBH 596 Deoxed all in one zip and it appears to work fine but when I try to reboot it hangs on red MOTO logo. When I try to do POWER/HOME KEY it won't respond when I hit the search button (same crap as in number 1!!!!!

I am willing to try ANYTHING to get it to the point where I can install custom ROMs, want to try APEX bad.

Please HELP.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Try goin from froyo sbf, root, 2 part 588 then to rooted 596 in tbh.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

This is the best way to do this... Works for me perfectly

@ markyoung04
What deodex installation process are you using because there hasnt been a release for deodexed only because its done already in the latest rom installation?

Gby2k6

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
This is what I did...

1. SBF to froyo
2. Use z4root to gain root
3. Install droid2 bootstrapper
4. Use bootstrapper to boot into recovery
5. Perform the 2 part 596 install
6. Use bootstrapper to boot into recovery
7. Install Apex

Hope that helps.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yea try the way I mentioned earlier. Your going from 2.2.1 right to 2.3.3 and for some reason that didnt work for us, maybe someone can explain it better. But I DO know, that the method I mentioned above, you should be smooth sailin. Plus wit the Wildman chiming in, its majority rules! lol go do it and let us know what happens.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Okay, both of these situations have been tried twice (that is 4 SBFs today), and they all started fresh. Situation 1 I am at least on a rooted version of GB but what am I missing

1. Installing the gingerbread according to the post that laid it out in two parts - 596 rooted and that was all good. So I am at least on a rooted version of 596 but I tried to get APEX 2.0 on twice and it hung at the MOTO logo. I can not get to stock recovery to wipe either when I try to hold down HOME key and Power then hit search it just stays at the ! screen with little green dude on it.

2. So I SBF to FROYO - ROOT - and do Droid2 Bootloader (not DroidX)....and I have a paid version of TBH application and have downloaded the DEOXED all in one zip downloaded (tried it twice). I make sure to wipe system, then cache, then mount/system and then I jump back one screen and start the install of TBH 596 Deoxed all in one zip and it appears to work fine but when I try to reboot it hangs on red MOTO logo. When I try to do POWER/HOME KEY it won't respond when I hit the search button (same crap as in number 1!!!!!

I am willing to try ANYTHING to get it to the point where I can install custom ROMs, want to try APEX bad.

Please HELP.

That does not work anymore, try this:

Hold down power and home buttons>wait for droid triangle>press volume up & down simultaneous> select wipe cache>use power button to select>reboot system.

markyoung04

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
That does not work anymore, try this:

Hold down power and home buttons>wait for droid triangle>press volume up & down simultaneous> select wipe cache>use power button to select>reboot system.

RATFARTS!!!!! I wasted most of the day and was not smart enough to look into this before - yes it worked THANK YOU!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance