reinstalling VZW Backup Assistant

neslot

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Been searching multiple forums for this all day and have yet to find a solution that works.

I installed Liberty 2.0 ROM this morning and it doesn't have the VZW Backup Assistant. I resynced all of of my contacts with google, but the damn thing lost half of the phone numbers! I have them all backed up on VZW's webpage with backup assistant but I'd rather not have to put in a few hundred phone numbers manually.

I have the backup assistant installed as a system file, it shows red with Titanium Backup. But when I click the icon to use the backup assistant it just reloads the app screen.

Is there any way I can get a working backup assistant in Liberty 2.0?

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
There is a way to export them from Verizon's site into a .csv file that you can upload to Google. I've done it before. If you do a search (Google search -- don't know if it's been posted in the forums), you should be able to find the instructions.

Reactions: neslot

neslot

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'll check that out tomorrow and see what I can come up with. If it works great! If not I have 182 contacts to update by hand. REALLY not looking forward to that lol.

wormeyman

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
There is a way to export them from Verizon's site into a .csv file that you can upload to Google. I've done it before. If you do a search (Google search -- don't know if it's been posted in the forums), you should be able to find the instructions.

I did that a couple of months ago worked like a charm, i'm not going back to a proprietary verizon backup system again.

neslot

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya. I never have liked backup assistant but I'd rather have it to install all my contacts again rather than doing it by hand. I tried the .csv file and it worked fine. I have all my numbers again.

Thanks guys.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay