transplant from Droid x forums

ikonrep

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not very techy, (so a lot of times I'm resistant to even ask a question, because I'm pretty sure it's been answered 50 times or it's just stupid) but am slowly learning with the help of a lot of you people in these threads. thank you for being so patient, I'm sure it's a struggle at times.

I updated my X early with GB, but other than that, it's about all I've done to mine. 3 weeks after installing new OS, I had to get a replacement phone, only because my CarDock quit charging the old one, not because of the update. It was a port issue on the phone. The replacement came with GB pre-installed. Now I want to try and Root my phone. I really want to find an easy install like the DroidMod seemed to be, but I can't seem to find that one anymore. Is it gone?

Anyway, I'm really glad to be here and am looking forward to learning much from you all.

Thx.

Charlie

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AndroidCentral! I'm going to move your thread over to the Droid X forum. I'm sure they'll be able to help you out :)

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I would just sbf froyo and z 4 root, then install the roots version. That's just me, I love sbf, it is a tool of choice for me.

ikonrep

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I would just sbf froyo and z 4 root, then install the roots version. That's just me, I love sbf, it is a tool of choice for me.
I know what Froyo, but whats "sbf" mean. I've got a few friends that are using CM7, but they are having some camera issues with it. Not that I ever use the video camera anyway. Can i find this sbf just by googling it?

Thx

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
The necessary files & instructions are in the stickies above. You want the 2.3.340 SBF to downgrade to Froyo. Then the Z4root app from the XDA forums (I've also seen it in the Amazon App Store). Also in other stickies above there are the files & instructions to install rooted .596 (that's Gingerbread)