Need a new Tablet should I get a Xyboard?

What Should I do

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CW

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the Xoom, which I love, but my business needs another tablet so I thought I should pick up the Xyboard and give my Xoom to my employee. However, I am seeing some posts about freezing/rebooting and I am now wondering if it stable enough.

Should I get the xyboard or look at Samsung or another Xoom?

Thanks for your input.

sulli03b

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi i have had the 10.1 for 2 weeks now as of tomorrow. I have Lte and wifi although i was gonna wait for wifi only version. But having both is beneficial. I have 2 gb data plan and have only used 1 gb by the time i got my first bill. My XYBOARD froze 2 or 3 times only because i was usually running too many programs at once. It is not a habitual issue for me. I have a cache cleaner app i run regularly for the 16 gb XYBOARD to free up memory usage at a minimum. I love it. Stylus works great although many say its not responsive. I get looks at Barnes and Noble all the time. And few have decided not to get the Nook and get Droid instead lol. Xyboard is getting an update any day now for better lte and wifi management and stylus fixes. It is also upgradeableto 4.0 ice cream sandwich if they would stop stalling already. Been waiting for that to go to my phone as well.

Reactions: CW

shockaholic

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the Xyboard 10" and the 8.9" along with the Xoom and Samsung Galaxy 10" LTE. I used to hate the Xoom until recently when I loaded one of the ICS rom's on it. Everything, including 4G works great on it and it is faster than any other tablet I have including the Xyboard. The ICS makes a world of difference on it. I have been somewhat dissapointed with the Xyboard as it seems a little laggy with the touch interface and transitions. I would think that when it gets its ICS update, it will probably be a pretty good tablet but in the meantime, save yourself $500+ and try flashing ICS to your Xoom. I promise you it will make it seem like a whole new device!

leever6000

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Go with the Xyboard.

Both the Xoom and Xyboard will get ICS pushed later this year, and Moto has been pretty good at sending updates.

Both Xoom and Xyboard will likely see the ICS update prior to the Galaxy.

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I currently have both the 8.2 and 10.1 xyboards in my hands as I am reviewing them for another site. I really like them! But I would still say Transformer Prime is better, tegra 3 and ICS, HELL YEA!!

CW

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I need the 3G/4G radio. I send these out to the field with my employees to access documents on the go, so that rules out the transfomer.

Gshaw31

May 27, 2010
Visit site
stay away from transformer prime, bad gps, bad wi-fi, constant rebooting. Product was rushed to market. i would take a moto over the prime anyday. :cool:

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the 3G Xoom (never sent it in for the 4G upgrade), Galaxy 10.1 Tab and the Galaxy 7.0Plus tab. Out of the three, my Xoom has been the most stable and smoother than the Samsung tablets. I love the Galaxy Tabs but functionally, they do lag especially when I am updating apps and I try to do something else while they are updating. On my Xoom I don't have this problem.

CW

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the input! I picked a the Xyboard yesterday and so far I am very happy. It is very thin the screen looks wonderful and although I haven't loaded it up with apps yet, the performance seem good.

:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol