05-14-2012 07:48 AM
- Now that I have the Xyboad I went looking for a case.
I love the Otterbox cases so whent there... No Xyboard case.
Went to Android Central, surely they would have one... Ah nothing.
Amazon next, not much there just a couple of cheap looking pleather cases that are not very appealing.
So has anyone been able to find any decent cases?02-17-2012 08:05 AM
- Fortte makes excellent cases but none are available yet. I contacted their support team and they told me that the cases will be available by the end of February. I used their Keeper case on my Xoom and loved it.
Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk.02-17-2012 02:23 PM
- 02-26-2012 10:45 AM
- This is the case I use on my Xyboard from Incipio:
Incipio Motorola XYBOARD 10.1 Premium KICKSTAND Case, Motorola XYBOARD 10.1 Cases, Motorola XYBOARD 10.1 Covers, XYBOARD Cases, Motorola Tablet Cases, XYBOARD 10.1 Accessories, Motorola XYBOARD 10.1
It is a very nice case and it looks very professional. It has openings for all the ports (camera, speakers, microusb, hdmi, headphones, IR, power, and volume) without obstructing them.
The lid keeps closed with an elastic band (much like you would see a book cover or a portfolio.
I have not tried nor seen any of the other covers. I'm curious about the official Motorola cover but this one is very nice.
I also see that Fortte has their cases for the Xyboard available:
http://www.fortte.com/562/Motorola-D...-leather-case/03-01-2012 01:35 PM
Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk.03-02-2012 10:49 PM
- The cases for the Motorola XyBoard 8.2 and 10.1 are now available at Leather PDA cases, PDA leather case - Smartphone Cases - Stylish Elegant Functional leather PDA cases and handheld cases by Fortte.
You can review the options as we have posted 3 versions of cases for both and we are updating regularly.
We wish to welcome any suggestions to create new solutions, write us at any time to email@example.com
The links are:
Motorola Droid XyBoard 8.2 MZ609
Motorola Droid XyBoard 10.1 MZ617
blog.fortte.com also has all the information updated for the Motorola Androids, we welcome suggestions to hard to find cases, or perhaps unique solutions. We also invite androidcentral forum members to help us in the development03-06-2012 03:26 PM
- I received my Keeper 360 case from Fortte the other day and I've had some time to use it. This is the same case that I had for my XOOM a while back except it allows me to rotate the tablet and use it in any way I like. Fortte had to produce this case from scratch so it took a couple of weeks to receive it but it was well worth the asking price. As usual, Fortte uses high quality materials so you just know the case will last a very long time. The only disadvantage to this case over the OEM Motorola case is that you cannot have it closes while charging unless you rotate the tablet so that it's ports are open. By rotating the case, you move the headphone jack to be covered but open up the charging and HDMI ports. Still, not a big deal considering the point of a case like this is to allow the tablet to stay open and in a viewing angle without any effort. Unlike the Motorola case, which from my experience folds up and closes by itself for no reason, this stays open. It doesn't use a flimsy cover that folds to hold it up but rather takes the tablet portion and holds it within the designed grooves.
To make a long story short --- buy this case. I do not work for Fortte but when I sold my XOOM to my friend, she loved the Keeper case. Because the XYBOARD did not have one when I bought it, I had to reluctantly deal with the Motorola branded case. Well, no more because the case I have been waiting for is here!
Pros: Excellent quality, great feel, great viewing angles, rotates so it can be used in portrait or landscape mode.
Cons: Charging ports are blocked by design when case is closed, but can be remedied by rotating case.
Edit: Please read my reply that's below this post. I have a few concerns regarding this case after using it for a while.03-30-2012 08:38 PM
- As you can tell, I was very happy with the Keeper 360 case by Fortte for my Xyboard 10.1". Sadly, that honeymoon phase is now over and I wish I hadn't purchased this case as it wasn't cheap by any means. My main complaint is that I chose this case over the Incipio case because of the magnetic closure. I had the Keeper case for my XOOM and it had a strap with a magnetic button to keep the case securely closed. Instead of that strap, Fortte used a magnet within the cover to hold it shut. In theory, this should work just as well and as far as it's strength, it works without the tablet in the case. However, once I insert the tablet, there is absolutely no way this magnet is strong enough to keep the case closed. Disappointing to say the least and due to this annoyance, I'm ready to go the Incipio route. I'm going to contact Fortte regarding this issue and see if there is any solution to my problem, but in all honesty, I think I'm stuck going the Incipio route.
UPDATE 4/13/12: I sent an e-mail regarding my complaints to Fortte because I wasn't happy with the 360 Keeper case. I was assured that the mechanism for the 360 is the reason some design changes had to be made from the original Keeper case and as such sacrifices must be made. However, that's the bad news and in all honesty, Fortte is an excellent company and has provided me with excellent news! Peter, a representative at Fortte, has offered to custom make me a XYBOARD Keeper case based off the original design. This should clear up my issues with the case and be just like the case I had for my XOOM. My suggestion to everyone who decides to get a case, and if the 360 turning isn't a big issue to you, request a custom made case. I believe it's possible based on what I've been told by Peter.
Once again, Fortte has done right by me as far as I can tell. I will report back once I receive the case, but he assured me that it will be just like the original Keeper so I'm extremely excited!04-09-2012 11:22 PM
- By the looks of it, Fortte has discontinued production of the Keeper 360 and is now selling the standard Keeper. That's good news because that case was always if high quality. I can't wait to get my replacement in the mail.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 204-17-2012 06:00 PM
- I don't have a lot to say about the Keeper case I received from Fortte the other day. And to be honest, that's the best news because that means my complaints are at a minimum. I've been comparing it to the case I had for my XOOM and it's nearly identical in every way.
First, the main difference I noticed was the lack of credit card slots like my XOOM case had. I never used them and prefer not to have them anyways. Why would I want to keep my credit cards in a tablet case? Overall, this case is made with excellent quality, but one area that disappoints me is around the camera. The magnetic strip closes and secures right over the camera area. Obviously, this doesn't hurt the operation of the camera because the case must be open anyways, but it does make it just a TINY bit more difficult to close. On a scale 1-10 of difficulty to close due to camera, it's still a 1 (easy) but not as good as the XOOM. Why is this? Simple, Fortte had no choice but to do this because unlike the XOOM, which had a camera located in the back by the power button, the 10.1" Xyboard placed it's camera dead center on top. I wouldn't even let this bother you, but I figured I'd mention it.
I have used 4 cases so far, but here is my opinion in order from best to worst:
1.) Fortte Keeper (BEST CASE OUT THERE!)
2.) Incipio DROID Branded Case (Good case, but terrible design to hold case in landscape mode)
3.) Fortte Keeper 360 (Appears to have been discontinued right after my complaint)
4. Motorola (AVOID AT ALL COSTS!)
http://www.fortte.com/scr/showproduct.php/2138?type=005-08-2012 01:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD