I have an Xoom2 and today, all of a sudden it shut down! I've tried everything: charging, holding the on/off button and the volume up button at the same time, holding all the buttons together at the same time and nothing happened! The weirdest part is that when I plug the charger the light won't turn on! Do you have any ideas of what else I could do?? I'm desperate :0 thanks!
Others informations :
OS : android 3.2.2
Xoom 2 Wifi only
I used a Motorola charger
system version : 0.268.4.MZ615.retail
firmware : GAS_EMEA_USATBLT1WIRTFR_P006
kernel : 184.108.40.206-gb5c4a0c
build : 1.6.0_268.4-MZ615
I cannot see any led blinking (red, white, green or whatever) at the top or the bottom of the screen when pluging the charger and/or switching on the tablet power button.
I found and tested with success a solution :
- wait for a week to be sure the battery is 0%
- press the 2 buttons for volume at the same time, then the power on button (all 3 together) during 5 s
- release buttons
- press on the power button : a red led blinks 3 times at the top of the screen (at right side of the web cam) then nothing more
- plugin the motorola charger on the microUSB port.
Do not try to charge the tablet using a USB connection to a PC.
- a red led lights on at the top, and a white led lights on at the bottom. The screen remains black
- after 5 minutes, the screen lights and shows the motorola logo. Then after few seconds it becomes dark again.
- wait 5 minutes again
- if you press on the power button, the screen displays a big battery icon and a level : 0%, then 5%, then 10%. Then the screen becomes dark again. It's ok, just wait.
- after 5 mn more, press the power button : the level is 20%
- wait 2 or 3 hours : the level reachs 100%.
The bottom led light always remained white.
- The top led light (red one) lights off somewhere between 20 and 100% charge level
- plug off the charger
- press the power button during 3 s : the motorola logo displays
- then after around 12 s the screen with the lock is displaying. Touch it twice to log in.
That's all folks
I do not know what precisely went wrong (the motorola charger ? the OS crashed ??) but now it is working as usual.
This procedure is not described anywhere on the net or into the user manual, and the motorola hotline does not know it, please share.
Please help my Xoom2 Media edition went blank on changing the wallpaper. tried rebooting, tried holding vol+up, vol+down, vol+ up + down. without success although the tablet did reboot but no display on the screen