Google+ Hangout on Xoom

Cesar29

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone get Hangouts for Google+ working on the Xoom? On the web browser there were 4 options to install but wasn't sure which one to do.

smalltank

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I watched Noah Kravitz do his review about this..he was it was "ok",..nothing special though perhaps in time it will get better.

anon(42011)

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't successful with the Dolphin HD browser but didn't think to try a different one. Basically it asked for the plugin that I wasn't able to install of course.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

dpwaters72

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see the actual Google+ app allow for the Hangout functionality on the Xoom as do the video chat feature with Google Talk.

Dedren

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see the actual Google+ app allow for the Hangout functionality on the Xoom as do the video chat feature with Google Talk.

According to the googlesystem.blogspot.com Hangouts is basically a little bit tweaked Google Talk.

So, while I haven't tried it on my Xoom yet I am sure it is doable in the developer community already and likely soon to work on the tablet naturally. Having said that, I have chosen not to root my Xoom, just so I can experience what normal Android users would experience. I also haven't really found a need since I only root to put stock Android on a device.

Last edited:

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
every time I tried hangout my xoom fc u would think they would get this working on xoom since we have gtalk video

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I watched Noah Kravitz do his review about this..he was it was "ok",..nothing special though perhaps in time it will get better.

Noah is so anti Google though. No matter what he says, he is always siding against the goog

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk