Still no 3.1 update in Canada?

Cntdwn

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Sooooooooo is Canada getting the 3.1 update? I'm still sitting here on 3.0.1 and would kinda like to update it...see for myself it this thing has improved or if it's Kijiji time.
I thought it was released for Canada?
I've searched to see if we have it, a guy at work says we do....

andxoomy

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Sooooooooo is Canada getting the 3.1 update? I'm still sitting here on 3.0.1 and would kinda like to update it...see for myself it this thing has improved or if it's Kijiji time.
I thought it was released for Canada?
I've searched to see if we have it, a guy at work says we do....
don't think we have it yet. Seeing that it started in japan then china and australia it looks to me to be going around the world in the wrong direction for us canadian. Maybe we are going to be last.:-\

andxoomy

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
3.2 now being pushed out? Wow, and still waiting on 3.1. Me and half of the world that is. Could the way motto/google roll out these updates be anymore bizarre?

dubtech

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I got tired of waiting so I unlocked mine and installed the US stock version. Once done it detected the 3.1 updated and installed it then once it rebooted it detected the 3.2 update and installed it.
Its super easy to do the longest part was waiting for the android sdk to update.

CapsLK

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Motorola Canada's Facebook page is hilarious, every post is followed by a litany of comments pleading for any sort of update on what's going on. I really, really don't get Motorola's logic on this. I mean, of course I want 3.2 (heck, 3.1 would be awesome), but I understand that every country comes with it's hurdles and that we're not a huge market, and are therefore low priority (though really, we're not talking about 3G devices, if D-Link can push a worldwide firmware update to a router, Moto can do it for wifi Xooms), but if at least there was some sort of communication from Moto saying 'Hey, sorry for the delay, this is why it's taking longer than we expected, but we're really hoping to have 3.1 pushed to consumers on xxxxx date.'

Instead all we get is total silence from the company resulting in lots of really, really frustrated owners.

Reeseming

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to here this. I bought my xoom in the US and have been running 3.2 since it was pushed out. I recommend anyone thinking of buying a xoom to cross the border and buy a xoom in the US..... not only do you benefit from the strength of the CDN dollar, you also show Moto Canada that you have other options and won't be satisfied with the status quo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae