Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Motorola Xoom Running ICS

Default Re: 3.2 is here with SD card support. Discuss here.

I can confirm that it doesn't go straight to mobile sites. although some websites it just seems stuck on mobile. but i think that has to do with the websites coding like Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide but then again who goes to gizmodo they are all about apple. cant stand them. other than that browser is faster and homescreens are very fluid. also the zoom app feature helps with alot of apps

Global Posts
    1,283 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock/ 4.1.1 (both)

None in Southern Indiana :P
    KJ

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Small_law View Post
    So, a couple of impressions:

1. The browser performance is much improved, significantly faster. It's been very stable so far too. Better yet, the keyboard response is quicker on websites. It used to stutter for me at times, such as when typing in this forum.

2. The Widgets scroll faster and smoother.

3. I could not find a way to format the SD card I put in the Xoom, but it recognizes it's there.

4. Zoom mode is similar to compatibility mode for iPhone apps on an iPad. It's available for an app if the "zoom button" shows up next to the clock.

5. The Google+ app is running like a pig after this update.

6. There's an option in settings to set the time long pressing a shortcut causes it to be picked up and moved.

7. It's booting up slightly faster.
    Is "running like a pig" a good thing, or bad?

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Almost always stock.

3.2 installed just installed!! I'm in OKC. First day buyer.
    The browser cursor is much less crappy, and the typing lag is much better also.

Quote Originally Posted by S_C_B View Post
    3.2 installing now!!
    just got my 3.2 update....live in columbus Ohio

Just installed on wifi Xoom.

Just got the update about a half hour ago in central upstate NY..looking good so far!!

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

I just opened this thread and was like, hmm lets check my Xoom. Literally just got the update.

Also I live in Cleveland Ohio

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Yeah I just received the 3.2 update and I am still getting redirected to mobile sites I have no idea what the other Xoom owners are talking about, I will confirm that browser performance is really a nice improvement. If your Xoom is taking you to desktop sites all the time let me know if you did something I. erased my cache and cookies in my browser along with reset it to defualy and I still get mobile websites

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Just recived the 3.2 update.

Quote Originally Posted by dharbit View Post
    Yeah I just received the 3.2 update and I am still getting redirected to mobile sites I have no idea what the other Xoom owners are talking about, I will confirm that browser performance is really a nice improvement. If your Xoom is taking you to desktop sites all the time let me know if you did something I. erased my cache and cookies in my browser along with reset it to defualy and I still get mobile websites
    Under user agent in your browser make sure desktop is selected not android in settings...:-)

Got the update about two hours ago in Dallas . Seems great so far although I haven't found a way to move apps and such to the sd card. From what i've read the onboard stroage is labeled as an sd card so the apps think they're already on the card. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Just got it I believe last time I checked was at 7 its 11 so between that time I must have gotten it. Los angeles ca.

Just got mine this morning, Anaheim Ca.

Does 3.2 fix the mobile browser rendering issue? that was my biggest complaint.
    yeah got 3.2 this a.m. now I can see sdext but I can't see files on card. WTF?
    Root explorer says its copied files to the card but I can't see that it has WTF?
    Anybody having this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Sport6 View Post
    I have a feeling that "Check Now" button is a dummy button to appease people.

I want it now!!
    I finally received the update this morning (or last night). Woke the screen up at 7am to find it was prompting me to update it!

Now to use it and figure out what's changed.

Does 3.2 fix the mobile browser rendering issue? that was my biggest complaint.
    Just got my wifi ota 3.2 this a.m. cool huh?
    i had loaded a sd card in the slot last night in prep for rooting this thing today dont know if that effected anything when the ota came but. heres the problem
    i see the sdext in settings, can go there using root explorer can copy files with root exp but when it says files copied. I cant see the files in the dir. am i just stupid / doing something wrong. or what? WTF!

Seems like I pressed the "Check Now" tab 400 times before receiving the wifi ota 3.2 update this morning..lol..received it around 7am in Atl,Ga

Carrier
    Stock (Rooted)

Just turned on my Xoom and The install was waiting to be installed. Will test in a minute, Washington DC at the moment.

I woke up at 2am to find the update kicked my Xoom out of the bedside clock mode and was prompting for the install.

One thing I noticed this AM is that when I click a link from my Gmail account the screen goes grey/dims and nothing happens. In 3.1 I would get a dialog asking which browser. Anyone else have this problem?

Chicago, IL

Quote Originally Posted by chitowngator View Post
    I woke up at 2am to find the update kicked my Xoom out of the bedside clock mode and was prompting for the install.

One thing I noticed this AM is that when I click a link from my Gmail account the screen goes grey/dims and nothing happens. In 3.1 I would get a dialog asking which browser. Anyone else have this problem?

Chicago, IL
    This has been reported quite a few times. What is going on is that a popup window is trying to open because you have multiple apps that can handle the action you requested (i.e., open email, watch a movie, read a PDF) but the window is not being displayed correctly so you can't see it all. The temporary fix being reported is to simply rotate your Xoom. Rotating it forces the window to redraw and then it will display correctly asking you which app you wish to perform the particular action with.

Does anyone notice the wifi icon is grey instead of blue? Before update it would always be blue. Yes I am connected to wifi and yes I can browse with it just wondering why its grey now.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juicuy J View Post
    Does anyone notice the wifi icon is grey instead of blue? Before update it would always be blue. Yes I am connected to wifi and yes I can browse with it just wondering why its grey now.
    Not only is mine grey, but I can no longer get an IP address from the wireless router. Tried forgetting and reconnecting to network, no dice.

Quote Originally Posted by rcobourn View Post
    Not only is mine grey, but I can no longer get an IP address from the wireless router. Tried forgetting and reconnecting to network, no dice.
    Wow I wonder why its happening, sometimes it goes blue for a second then goes to grey and remains there

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rcobourn View Post
    It subsequently connected... wifi indicator is now usually grey or shows one bar, although in wireless settings it shows 4 bars.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast