3.2 is here with SD card support. Discuss here.

josh22

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I just received the 3.2 update and I am still getting redirected to mobile sites I have no idea what the other Xoom owners are talking about, I will confirm that browser performance is really a nice improvement. If your Xoom is taking you to desktop sites all the time let me know if you did something I. erased my cache and cookies in my browser along with reset it to defualy and I still get mobile websites

Under user agent in your browser make sure desktop is selected not android in settings...:)

Signewton

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Got the update about two hours ago in Dallas :D. Seems great so far although I haven't found a way to move apps and such to the sd card. From what i've read the onboard stroage is labeled as an sd card so the apps think they're already on the card. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

atrixzz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Does 3.2 fix the mobile browser rendering issue? that was my biggest complaint.
yeah got 3.2 this a.m. now I can see sdext but I can't see files on card. WTF?
Root explorer says its copied files to the card but I can't see that it has WTF?
Anybody having this problem?

Sport6

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling that "Check Now" button is a dummy button to appease people. :mad:

I want it now!! :'(
I finally received the update this morning (or last night). Woke the screen up at 7am to find it was prompting me to update it!

Now to use it and figure out what's changed.

atrixzz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Does 3.2 fix the mobile browser rendering issue? that was my biggest complaint.
Just got my wifi ota 3.2 this a.m. cool huh?
i had loaded a sd card in the slot last night in prep for rooting this thing today dont know if that effected anything when the ota came but. heres the problem
i see the sdext in settings, can go there using root explorer can copy files with root exp but when it says files copied. I cant see the files in the dir. am i just stupid / doing something wrong. or what? WTF!

datgoldmember

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Seems like I pressed the "Check Now" tab 400 times before receiving the wifi ota 3.2 update this morning..lol..received it around 7am in Atl,Ga

chitowngator

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I woke up at 2am to find the update kicked my Xoom out of the bedside clock mode and was prompting for the install.

One thing I noticed this AM is that when I click a link from my Gmail account the screen goes grey/dims and nothing happens. In 3.1 I would get a dialog asking which browser. Anyone else have this problem?

Chicago, IL

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I woke up at 2am to find the update kicked my Xoom out of the bedside clock mode and was prompting for the install.

One thing I noticed this AM is that when I click a link from my Gmail account the screen goes grey/dims and nothing happens. In 3.1 I would get a dialog asking which browser. Anyone else have this problem?

Chicago, IL

This has been reported quite a few times. What is going on is that a popup window is trying to open because you have multiple apps that can handle the action you requested (i.e., open email, watch a movie, read a PDF) but the window is not being displayed correctly so you can't see it all. The temporary fix being reported is to simply rotate your Xoom. Rotating it forces the window to redraw and then it will display correctly asking you which app you wish to perform the particular action with.

Juicuy J

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone notice the wifi icon is grey instead of blue? Before update it would always be blue. Yes I am connected to wifi and yes I can browse with it just wondering why its grey now.

rcobourn

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone notice the wifi icon is grey instead of blue? Before update it would always be blue. Yes I am connected to wifi and yes I can browse with it just wondering why its grey now.

Not only is mine grey, but I can no longer get an IP address from the wireless router. Tried forgetting and reconnecting to network, no dice. :(

rcobourn

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Not only is mine grey, but I can no longer get an IP address from the wireless router. Tried forgetting and reconnecting to network, no dice. :(

It subsequently connected... wifi indicator is now usually grey or shows one bar, although in wireless settings it shows 4 bars.

maa4208

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Chicago, IL

Yeah, same here. I live in a southern suburb and I woke up at 3am for work and updated mine. I made a thread about it too.

squane123

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Well since I purchased my Xoom only a few days ago, and the day it arrived I received the update alert, I cannot tell anyone good or bad news. I can say that I cannot link my Cell to the Xoom via the Bluetooth tethering options. So other than that I am happy.

coldconfession13

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
anybody notice the movie studio is missing? I had the icon on one of the home pages and now its showing the icon of android but click and it says not installed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11