Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default 3.2 is here with SD card support. Discuss here.

Current: Moto X, ASUS Nexus 7 (2013)

Standby:
    Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Nexus One, ASUS Nexus 7 (2012), Motorola Xoom
    KJ likes this.
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,020 Global Posts

Default Re: 3.2 is here with SD card support. Discuss here.

Well --- When will we see this on our 3G/LTE Devices? #madmonkey

EDTI -- I wonder what else I should complain about? Not more than a few minutes after I did this, I got news of the FCC/LTE upgrade passing!!!

Well -- When will I pick the winning lottery numbers??
    Last edited by p08757; 07-12-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Just got it on my WiFi xoom. Updating now

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Devices Past to Present
    • Blackberry Bold 9000
    • HTC Aria
    • Samsung Captivate
    • Google Nexus S
    • Moto Xoom

I will complain until it is on my Xoom and I see it work.

teamroot here, thank god we don't have to have these threads any more. If we can just get LTE this can be a forum again.
    KJ likes this.

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

If its being pushed to wifi, what is their excuse this time for not pushing to vzw users yet? we are promised 4g and nothing (I personally won't be getting 4g, too much hassle for no coverage within 100 miles of me, but still it was promised as part of the sale), now the also promised SD support is apparently here, but not for vzw users....
    Talked to one vzw support and they said it would need to be sent in for the 4g to get SD? I'm not wasting my time sending it in for the 4g that I will not be able to use, so why am I supposed to waste my time sending it in for the SD that others are getting ota?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Droid-Life is reporting the Xoom LTE upgrade has received FCC Approval. So with SD and LTE, what will people have to complain about?

-Mike
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    1,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by kf6kmx View Post
    If its being pushed to wifi, what is their excuse this time for not pushing to vzw users yet? we are promised 4g and nothing (I personally won't be getting 4g, too much hassle for no coverage within 100 miles of me, but still it was promised as part of the sale), now the also promised SD support is apparently here, but not for vzw users....
    Talked to one vzw support and they said it would need to be sent in for the 4g to get SD? I'm not wasting my time sending it in for the 4g that I will not be able to use, so why am I supposed to waste my time sending it in for the SD that others are getting ota?

Don't listen to what you've heard. It all comes down to one thing. The Verizon-branded Xoom has the updates go through carrier (Verizon) approval. The WiFi only model does not.

Standby:
    Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Nexus One, ASUS Nexus 7 (2012), Motorola Xoom

Quote Originally Posted by mloebl View Post
    Droid-Life is reporting the Xoom LTE upgrade has received FCC Approval. So with SD and LTE, what will people have to complain about?

-Mike
    the market

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Does 3.2 fix the mobile browser rendering issue? that was my biggest complaint.
    KJ likes this.
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by dharbit View Post
    Does 3.2 fix the mobile browser rendering issue? that was my biggest complaint.
    It is not something broken. They chose to use a mobile browser on the tablet. It would be nice if they added a option like dolphin browser uses. I just use dolphin for sites I want in full and stock for others. I don't think it will ever be changed to only be desktop but would be nice for the option to change it up.

sent by CyanogenMod X

Global Posts
    581 Global Posts

do people still use stock browser? After I switched to Opera Mobile, I never even touched stock browser. I even removed it from desktop.

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by OlReagan View Post
    teamroot here, thank god we don't have to have these threads any more. If we can just get LTE this can be a forum again.
    Agreed.

I use it, I can't live without the quick-navigation thing on the side. The toolbars on other browsers bother me.
    88 FLUX and forkball316 like this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    1,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by OlReagan View Post
    I use it, I can't live without the quick-navigation thing on the side. The toolbars on other browsers bother me.
    Same here. It would be nice to just have a simple "Desktop or Mobile" option in the browser's settings. But I've gone this long with the about:debug method so eh...

Standby:
    Thanked by:

Haven't seen the update on my wifi xoom yet

Not sure what the percentage of forum users have WiFi vs. 3g version, but anyone with 3g gotten the update yet?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

I have the wi-fi only version, and I keep hitting the check for updates button. Can't wait to have sd-card available (withOUT rooting).
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,409 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ock View Post
    I will stop complaining when the Xoom/Android has a real gallery application that understands how sub directories work, and when I have USB mass storage support like every Android 1.X and 2.X device has....

I think I've managed to update manually (my XOOM is unrooted). You need an OTG adapter and a USB thumb drive with the update file on it. You can find instructions at XDA. So far, so good...everything seems to work.

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Stil waiting for the update on my wifi xoom.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jalarm View Post
    Just got it on my WiFi xoom. Updating now

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    i shall try to update my XOOM... as soon as i find where i left the damn thing.

So, a couple of impressions:

1. The browser performance is much improved, significantly faster. It's been very stable so far too. Better yet, the keyboard response is quicker on websites. It used to stutter for me at times, such as when typing in this forum.

2. The Widgets scroll faster and smoother.

3. I could not find a way to format the SD card I put in the Xoom, but it recognizes it's there.

4. Zoom mode is similar to compatibility mode for iPhone apps on an iPad. It's available for an app if the "zoom button" shows up next to the clock.

5. The Google+ app is running like a pig after this update.

6. There's an option in settings to set the time long pressing a shortcut causes it to be picked up and moved.

7. It's booting up slightly faster.

Typing lag fix. Good.

Few more:

8. Home screen transitions are the same for me.

9. In the menu to add widgets (by pressing the + button in the top right corner of a home screen), everything scrolls slower.

10. I can't find a way to naively move things to the SD card, like pictures in the gallery app, and some native apps don't seem to have a save to SD card setting, like the camera.

All in all, so far so good. The browser and keyboard improvements alone are making me a happy camper.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast