Sharing Links on Google+

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a Xoom today and I'm hoping someone can help me. Is it possible to share links in Google+ like on a desktop? I tried changing the browser settings so I wouldn't get the mobile version of the site but then it will not let me paste a link in the share box.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a Xoom today and I'm hoping someone can help me. Is it possible to share links in Google+ like on a desktop? I tried changing the browser settings so I wouldn't get the mobile version of the site but then it will not let me paste a link in the share box.
Why not try it using the Google+ app? I was able to share a link that way last night...copy from your browser and paste into G+ app.

deejayd

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

On the desktop site you'll see a bunch of little symbols on the right of the share box. Click on the link symbol and you'll get a new box. You can paste into that one. (Tested on 3.2 just now - can't verify for earlier versions)

Reactions: renegademoose

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
On the desktop site you'll see a bunch of little symbols on the right of the share box. Click on the link symbol and you'll get a new box. You can paste into that one. (Tested on 3.2 just now - can't verify for earlier versions)

Great. The only way I was able to get it to work was in Firefox, but it seems like Firefox looks like crap on the Xoom compared to the built in browser. Did you have to change the UAS setting at all or does it finally default to the desktop site instead of mobile? I tried it on 3.1 and when you hold to paste all it will do is select the text box (turns blue) and doesn't give you the prompt to paste. Sounds like that has been fixed.

I tried it from the app. I can post a link but it doesn't post the summary and a thumbnail like if you post it from the full blown website.

Thanks for the help. Now I just need to wait to get the 3.2 update....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member