3.2 SDcard create Directory

Flipper

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Hello all. Well received the update this morning, YAY! and slipped in to it my 32GB Micro SDcard. all good so far. Sees it but I cannot create a directory on it. Using File Manager HD for Honeycomb. Or even copy a file and try to paste it there. It seems that the card is read only. No I am not rooted. All stock. Any Ideas?

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Hello all. Well received the update this morning, YAY! and slipped in to it my 32GB Micro SDcard. all good so far. Sees it but I cannot create a directory on it. Using File Manager HD for Honeycomb. Or even copy a file and try to paste it there. It seems that the card is read only. No I am not rooted. All stock. Any Ideas?

Currently, the external SD card is write only. From my understanding, apps have not been coded properly to write to that particular directory. Hopefully we will see a slew of apps shortly that will be updated to enable writing to that particular path. In the mean time, you can always connect to a PC and write to the external SD card that way.

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Currently, the external SD card is write only. From my understanding, apps have not been coded properly to write to that particular directory. Hopefully we will see a slew of apps shortly that will be updated to enable writing to that particular path. In the mean time, you can always connect to a PC and write to the external SD card that way.

You meant read only - Right? My SD card is read only, and I can't delete anything on it and there is nothing I can do about that yet, correct?

Flipper

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Hello all, when you hook up your Xoom to a cable and your PC it mounts. And you see "internal memory" and SD card. (windows) The card is read only you have to take card out and mount directly to computer to write to it. When you view what you have from file manager HD thou you have "sdcard" (which is your internal memory) and "external1". Crazy I tell ya. Crazy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol