3.2 update killed my xoom

MeridianSun

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I received the update this afternoon and after the xoom restarted it will boot to the lock screen. Then when you unlock it there is just a black screen and the only thing I can do is go into the settings. I am irate.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

84guy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
go to applications and try to force stop the launcher then press home

if that doesnt work try clearing the data(youll loose your homescreen setup but should be easy to re-setup).

if that doesnt work you might need to do a hard reset(youll loose everything)

wolfcry0

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I received the update this afternoon and after the xoom restarted it will boot to the lock screen. Then when you unlock it there is just a black screen and the only thing I can do is go into the settings. I am irate.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Since you can get to the settings, do a factory reset, you might have had an app or something that bugged out.

It will erase everything on the xoom but everything is also in the cloud so it shouldn't really matter

MeridianSun

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm back up and running. I use launcher pro and apparently it wigged out. As a last ditch effort before I did a factory reset I uninstalled launcher pro and my xoom came back after a reboot. I have been able to reinstall launcher pro but I do have to reconfigure my screens. Thanks for your replies and suggestions!!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool