Abrupt stoppage of streaming

Juicuy J

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys this 3.2 update has created more problems for me really or it could be just flash. But say I'm watching something on youtube I'll get a few minutes into the video then out of nowhere the steaming stops and I'll have to reload the whole page. As you know scrubbing is now harder to do since they updated youtube. As some as you would say why not use the youtube app I would but its not just youtube that has this problem, other sites give me this problem. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the wifi indicator being grey but it sure is pretty damn annoying. Btw out happens on other browsers not just stock.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just got my zoom a couple days ago. Upgraded to 3.2. Now I'm having the same exact issue. Can't stream any audio or video for more than 3 or 4 minutes before it cuts off. Also causes my browser to stop and be nonresponsive. Needing a fix asap before I lose patience

OlReagan

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I was just about to make this thread.

It will play the video for no more than a minute and then it just stops, the video progression bar thing goes completely red, like the video is over with. I can't even press play again, I have to refresh the browser and start from where I left off.

Juicuy J

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Same here, not to mention I can't launch youtube app from browser anymore. The screen grays out but the pop up asking me what do I want to open with never appears. I've never had any problems with the xoom until this update and renders it useless for my because that was my main reason for buying this tablet. Quick access to web videos with out having to pull out my laptop.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
this has been buggin me ever since it wouldnt work!!! I went into my router and changed the channel it was on from 11(default) to 8 and it reset and now seems to be working for now. I will let you guys know if it lasts or not.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well 2 hours later and so far it hasn't missed a beat. I have been streaming videos and listening to radio time non stop and wifi has been perfect!! Except the fact that my "high speed internet" isn't so high speed when tryin to stream HD videos on you tube!

OlReagan

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
this has been buggin me ever since it wouldnt work!!! I went into my router and changed the channel it was on from 11(default) to 8 and it reset and now seems to be working for now. I will let you guys know if it lasts or not.

What do you mean by change the channel?

I'm curious as to what they changed to make this happen. I don't know if it's just me but it seems like they made it so that it continually buffers but suffers in quality (rather than just pausing until the buffer catches up). Videos work fine at school though so I think there is definitely a network related component to the problem, but I never had the problem before the update.

Yesterday I was testing it out, had a video buffering and then went to a different tab and actually got a network error pop up, something about the connection timing out. That message was on the stock browser. But the video thing happens on Maxathon too, so it doesn't seem to be browser specific either.

bbalak

May 2, 2010
Visit site
It really has nothing to do with internet connection, as I get the exact same issue trying to us Mobo Player to play video files saved on my Xoom. Constant stoppage of video files - through Netflix or local files. I've never had this issue before 3.2. This is UNACCEPTABLE, and needs to be fixed ASAP.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I went into the settings on my router online and changed the wireless channel to 8 from 11. Its an old Belkin router that I've had for years. Ans whatever that did fixed my problems at home but also haven't tried to connect anywhere else.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I've had this issue too. The screen grays and nothing happens. The tablet freezes and I have to restart it. I may not help this problem, but I found that shutting off instant search, both under browser settings and web search settings when you're on the Xoom, really helps browser performance. I haven't tried to see if that does the trick here.

maa4208

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I've had this issue too. The screen grays and nothing happens. The tablet freezes and I have to restart it. I may not help this problem, but I found that shutting off instant search, both under browser settings and web search settings when you're on the Xoom, really helps browser performance. I haven't tried to see if that does the trick here.

If you change the orientation the box will pop up asking what program you want to use. I made a thread a while ago saying that I thought we'd see 3.2.1 soon because 3.2 is buggy for Google's standards.

I havent really streamed anything lately, except Netflix and that works fine. I think though after prolonged streaming that my connection gets hung up and I have to restart my Xoom. My bars go from blue to white while the rest of the house has internet.

initialjdg

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed issues with the browser becoming unresponsive when I'm typing my login info. It catches up, but you have to wait almost 30seconds sometimes. It's irritating.

Juicuy J

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I have my router to set the channel automatically. So I know that wouldn't work for me. At this point I'm back on my laptop to watch videos because the xoom isnt cutting it at all. I'm not sure what to do to fix our problem. :mad:

OlReagan

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Despite what bbalack says, I'm finding this to be a router specific issue. I tried the same podcast at home and at school, it works perfectly fine at school. I never had a problem at home until I got the 3.2 update and did not even touch my router/modem between then, something changed within the update that is causing the problem. It happens across multiple sites, from audio to video, anything that streams.

Juicuy J

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Despite what bbalack says, I'm finding this to be a router specific issue. I tried the same podcast at home and at school, it works perfectly fine at school. I never had a problem at home until I got the 3.2 update and did not even touch my router/modem between then, something changed within the update that is causing the problem. It happens across multiple sites, from audio to video, anything that streams.

What router are you using? I'm using a DLink DGL 4500 gaming router. I wouldn't be able to try another router simply because I don't take my xoom outside of home.

bbalak

May 2, 2010
Visit site

Have you tried to play a local video file? I get this issue regardless of if I'm playing a local video file, or if I'm streaming Netflix. I'm using Mobo Player for my local video files.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude