1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Default Questions Before Purchase

Alright so I am looking to get a Xoom but have a few questions
    EDIT: Been looking into the Galaxy Tab but since the specs are nearly identical, the questions still stand

1) Will I be able to play Evony(A flash game) on the Xoom? Could someone possibly test it out and tell me what it's like? I figure a Bluetooth mouse may be needed for it to function well

2) Can games from sites like AddictingGames.com be played? I tend to get bored of just playing Apps so that would be a plus for the occasional gaming

3) I forgot =P I know I have some other questions but seem to have forgotten them

Any help is apprecated
    Last edited by CryoVII; 07-23-2011 at 05:13 PM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Default Re: Questions Before Purchase

Anyone?

it supports flash and my son has played flash games on it. Why don't you check one out in a store like best buy which has internet access and visit the sites you want. If you have answers for the galaxy tab they will be the same here, the same flash support
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by realitydigg View Post
    it supports flash and my son has played flash games on it. Why don't you check one out in a store like best buy which has internet access and visit the sites you want. If you have answers for the galaxy tab they will be the same here, the same flash support
    Yeah I was going to do that but it's just all the way across town so I figured I would try here first

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts

1. Works fine on stock browser, but just a little slower than my laptop. But very much playable.
    2. Flash based games will work. Tried to load up, just make sure your browser is in desktop mode otherwise you will get an error message. Tried it on Opera Mobile, worked fine for me.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by erzhik View Post
    1. Works fine on stock browser, but just a little slower than my laptop. But very much playable.
    2. Flash based games will work. Tried to load up, just make sure your browser is in desktop mode otherwise you will get an error message. Tried it on Opera Mobile, worked fine for me.
    Awesome
    Thank you very much!

I'm sorry but you guys are wrong. I have a galaxy tab, ice cream, it won't play evony or any other flash games. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by KaBluey View Post
    I'm sorry but you guys are wrong. I have a galaxy tab, ice cream, it won't play evony or any other flash games. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?
    This thread was started in July 2011, when the Xoom had a different operating system, and I assume the Galaxy Tab had a different OS as well. As we all know, Adobe has stopped supporting flash on mobile. Although they say it is starting with Jelly Bean, I have noticed that a lot of the browsers have stopped supporting flash, even through a phone (or tablet) may still be on ICS.