Questions Before Purchase

CryoVII

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Alright so I am looking to get a Xoom but have a few questions :)
EDIT: Been looking into the Galaxy Tab but since the specs are nearly identical, the questions still stand :)

1) Will I be able to play Evony(A flash game) on the Xoom? Could someone possibly test it out and tell me what it's like? I figure a Bluetooth mouse may be needed for it to function well

2) Can games from sites like AddictingGames.com be played? I tend to get bored of just playing Apps so that would be a plus for the occasional gaming

3) I forgot =P I know I have some other questions but seem to have forgotten them

Any help is apprecated :)

Last edited:

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
it supports flash and my son has played flash games on it. Why don't you check one out in a store like best buy which has internet access and visit the sites you want. If you have answers for the galaxy tab they will be the same here, the same flash support

CryoVII

May 14, 2011
Visit site
it supports flash and my son has played flash games on it. Why don't you check one out in a store like best buy which has internet access and visit the sites you want. If you have answers for the galaxy tab they will be the same here, the same flash support

Yeah I was going to do that but it's just all the way across town so I figured I would try here first :)

erzhik

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
1. Works fine on stock browser, but just a little slower than my laptop. But very much playable.
2. Flash based games will work. Tried to load up, just make sure your browser is in desktop mode otherwise you will get an error message. Tried it on Opera Mobile, worked fine for me.

CryoVII

May 14, 2011
Visit site
1. Works fine on stock browser, but just a little slower than my laptop. But very much playable.
2. Flash based games will work. Tried to load up, just make sure your browser is in desktop mode otherwise you will get an error message. Tried it on Opera Mobile, worked fine for me.

Awesome :)
Thank you very much!

KaBluey

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry but you guys are wrong. I have a galaxy tab, ice cream, it won't play evony or any other flash games. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry but you guys are wrong. I have a galaxy tab, ice cream, it won't play evony or any other flash games. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

This thread was started in July 2011, when the Xoom had a different operating system, and I assume the Galaxy Tab had a different OS as well. As we all know, Adobe has stopped supporting flash on mobile. Although they say it is starting with Jelly Bean, I have noticed that a lot of the browsers have stopped supporting flash, even through a phone (or tablet) may still be on ICS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci