1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 7 / CM#27

Default Launchers in Honeycomb?

Anyone using launchers in Honeycomb? I was reading about ADW and learned that launchers are capable in Honeycomb. My question is, what do they do in Honeycomb? The primary feature with phones is changing the homescreen icons (Dial, App Drawer, Messaging, etc). Honeycomb does not have those icons, asides from apps drawer. Does it customize the screen transitions?

Default Re: Launchers in Honeycomb?

I'm using LauncherPro. It adds the dock for phone and messaging and such, you can just change them to whatever you want. And screen transitions are customizable. It ends up looking just like it would on the phone except everything is spread out and smaller due to the resolution.
    Motorola Xoom: Tiamat 2.0.1 Manta Ray || Tiamat 2.1.0 "Tachi"
    Samsung Infuse 4G: Infused v2.0.2 - Gingerbread!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno View Post
    Anyone using launchers in Honeycomb? I was reading about ADW and learned that launchers are capable in Honeycomb. My question is, what do they do in Honeycomb? The primary feature with phones is changing the homescreen icons (Dial, App Drawer, Messaging, etc). Honeycomb does not have those icons, asides from apps drawer. Does it customize the screen transitions?
    Adw just came out qith an update that supports honeycomb 3.2. Tablet optimized and it looks good from photos Ive seen. Its not stretched out like other launchers. I haven't tried it for my tablet.

Just got ADW and its OK so far. I don't have a problem with the stock home launcher. I do have LPP on my DX.

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

ADW is nice...however, on my xoom, keeps crashing every so often....but looks great!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 7 / CM#27

Quote Originally Posted by trayes77 View Post
    Adw just came out qith an update that supports honeycomb 3.2. Tablet optimized and it looks good from photos Ive seen. Its not stretched out like other launchers. I haven't tried it for my tablet.
    Can you link those photos? I'd like to see how they look.

ROM
    Stock

The new adw works great. Better than stock now that the resolution issue is fixed.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    "Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.

Nah I'm not. The stock launcher provides all the features I would look for on my phone, such as scrollable widgets and more columns and rows.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,512 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Yea after buying adw and tried it. But returned it really don't see a need there's just so much realstate that I only use two screens.