1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Xoom and Photographs

Ok, this is not a Xoom bashing post. I actually like my Xoom, but for me it has one big flaw I wish I had checked on before I bought it.

I am a photographer and have finally gotten around to loading up a bunch of my photos to the Xoom and boy was I disappointed! I shoot in RAW mode (you photographers will know what that is), heavily process in Photoshop, use calibrated monitors, etc. When I used to load my pictures on my Ipad, they were well saturated with good contrast and clarity. On the Xoom, they are just the opposite. The saturation is fair at best and the contrast is really lacking. With poor contrast, they don't look as sharp and clear.

I guess there are 2 questions I have here. First, are there any apps that can adjust the Xoom screen to improve the quality of photo displays? Second, is this a common attribute among Android tablets or are there any that are better at it than others?

Default Re: Xoom and Photographs

I think this has to do with the Xoom screen being washed out. I also have a Xoom which I love but the screen is pretty crappy.

The Samsung Tab 10.1 has a much better screen and pictures should look fantastic on it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks. I will look at it, but the Xoom is so much better a device that I will have to decide if this is important enough to me to make that sacrifice.

Now what I would give for a tablet manufacturer to get everything right! I know, dream on!

The transformer also has a great screen

Quote Originally Posted by enord1321 View Post
    The transformer also has a great screen
    If you don't mind a ton of light bleed!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    Motorola Droid Bionic 4g LTE - Motorola Xoom Tablet 4g LTE
    And yes, the SIM card from the Bionic works great in the Xoom!

Quote Originally Posted by freeky1 View Post
    If you don't mind a ton of light bleed!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    I didn't have any light bled on mine before I returned it, because it was to long
    Last edited by enord1321; 08-25-2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Typo