I got my Xoom upgraded to 4G, who else got there's?

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, I would regret it, knowing the other Android tablets I could have had.

I don't think like that. If you do, you can go insane because tech is *ALWAYS* evolving and becoming cheaper. When you pull the trigger on a device, it's assumed that you've done your homework and the device meets a set of requirements you have. For me, the Xoom has done that and more. I knew it didn't have LTE support when I bought it. Relying on a "free upgrade" to actually happen, well, let's just say I've been burned in the past by promised upgrades. So, it'd be very nice to have it actually take place, I'm not counting on it. Yes, you're right, there are better/cheaper devices out there now and even a few months after the Xoom was released. But, when it comes to tech, you gotta do your homework and pull the trigger at some point. That's why I got the Bionic, as well, knowing full well that in a few weeks better phones will be out. No regrets. :)

Reactions: grimreaver

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't think like that. If you do, you can go insane because tech is *ALWAYS* evolving and becoming cheaper. When you pull the trigger on a device, it's assumed that you've done your homework and the device meets a set of requirements you have. For me, the Xoom has done that and more. I knew it didn't have LTE support when I bought it. Relying on a "free upgrade" to actually happen, well, let's just say I've been burned in the past by promised upgrades. So, it'd be very nice to have it actually take place, I'm not counting on it. Yes, you're right, there are better/cheaper devices out there now and even a few months after the Xoom was released. But, when it comes to tech, you gotta do your homework and pull the trigger at some point. That's why I got the Bionic, as well, knowing full well that in a few weeks better phones will be out. No regrets. :)

No doubt, you're right and, that's a good attitude to have. I was just venting a little.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
No doubt, you're right and, that's a good attitude to have. I was just venting a little.

Completely understandable. I mean, it WAS promised that we'd get a free upgrade to LTE, so, it's something they SHOULD do. And still may. Not overly likely by the end of the month, but, you never know. But, when you buy tech, you should always buy it for what it does when you buy it so as not to get too disappointed if the promises don't pan out. The Xoom was a VERY risky purchase. No LTE and it also didn't have SD card support for a *LONG* time. At least officially. Still, I wanted the first honeycomb tablet and definitely don't regret it at all. It's been a great piece of tech that I use every day.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Dude, i signed up a long time ago. Guess what I haven't received any box, address, or etc so that my Xoom can be upgraded.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

No, I don't think you're understanding me! Please go to that link and click on the upgrade now button. It will take you through the process of starting the upgrade. NOTHING will happen until you do so. The BS we "signed up for" early this summer is useless. THIS is the upgrade path we take...seriously, just go to that site and click on the button.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
No, I don't think you're understanding me! Please go to that link and click on the upgrade now button. It will take you through the process of starting the upgrade. NOTHING will happen until you do so. The BS we "signed up for" early this summer is useless. THIS is the upgrade path we take...seriously, just go to that site and click on the button.

One thing you are right about, the thing we were told to sign up for when I purchased the thing was BS. All I get from that registration is SPAM.

It's a shame I can't post what I really think of VZW and Motorola without being banned from the forum.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
One thing you are right about, the thing we were told to sign up for when I purchased the thing was BS. All I get from that registration is SPAM.

It's a shame I can't post what I really think of VZW and Motorola without being banned from the forum.

I somewhat get the frustration you have, but, it seems to be more than just mere frustration you have with Moto/VZW. That's your right, but, they have now made the upgrade available, and TECHNICALLY, it is still September (barely, I'll agree). If you'd like to get it upgraded, all you have to do is go to the site I linked to, click the upgrade now button, fill out your device info, and you'll get a tracking number within a few minutes for the return box shipment. Many of us have already done so. I'll be shipping my Xoom out tomorrow when the box arrives.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I somewhat get the frustration you have, but, it seems to be more than just mere frustration you have with Moto/VZW. That's your right, but, they have now made the upgrade available, and TECHNICALLY, it is still September (barely, I'll agree). If you'd like to get it upgraded, all you have to do is go to the site I linked to, click the upgrade now button, fill out your device info, and you'll get a tracking number within a few minutes for the return box shipment. Many of us have already done so. I'll be shipping my Xoom out tomorrow when the box arrives.

I signed up for the box. I doubt I will get it tomorrow though. I doubt either MOTO, or Big Red are willing to go the extra mile for us as customers by sending this stuff overnight or next day. My upgrade will be taking place in October. Both of these companies waited until the very last minute to post the information. They also did not send out notification as they claimed they would.

In my book, those are lies. I do not like being lied too. Neither company bothered to communicate with their customers about the repeated delays. I paid a premium price for this thing. In fact it cost me more than my last lap top computer. All of us deserved more respect and courtesy from Big Red and MOTO.

That's just my opinion. Bottom line for me, is I will be glad when I have my Xoom back and it is capable of 4G LTE.

What have I learned from all this? I can't trust either company. I will not ever purchase a product when there is the claim it will be made whole in the near future.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I will not ever purchase a product when there is the claim it will be made whole in the near future.

THAT is the lesson all should learn from this experience and why I have the philosophy of "buy a device for what it can do today, NOT for what it is promised to do tomorrow." I'm glad the LTE upgrade is coming, especially since it was promised to us for May, but, quite frankly if the promise never panned out, I'm still happy with my purchase. That's not to say I like being lied to, but, I've been burned so many times that the takeaway for me is exactly what you've learned...don't believe claims or promises.

In any case, I haven't heard of anyone getting anything other than overnight shipping for the return box. I know for a fact mine was shipped overnight through fedex. They're claiming a 6 business day turnaround from the time you send it out. We shall see...again, not getting my hopes up and am prepared for a longer period without it if needs be, but, that would be nice.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
In any case, I haven't heard of anyone getting anything other than overnight shipping for the return box. I know for a fact mine was shipped overnight through fedex. They're claiming a 6 business day turnaround from the time you send it out. We shall see...again, not getting my hopes up and am prepared for a longer period without it if needs be, but, that would be nice.

Yeah, I actually took off work - just in case - so I could be at home when the stuff is delivered (haha, also a good excuse to take a day off). I didn't realize it would come so fast.

I would like to get it back quickly but, it won't be a big deal for me since I have another tablet. It will be nice to se how the LTE works directly on the tablet. I've noticed that devices that have LTE directly on them, seem to have faster speeds vs. connecting to a MiFi.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I actually took off work - just in case - so I could be at home when the stuff is delivered (haha, also a good excuse to take a day off). I didn't realize it would come so fast.

I would like to get it back quickly but, it won't be a big deal for me since I have another tablet. It will be nice to se how the LTE works directly on the tablet. I've noticed that devices that have LTE directly on them, seem to have faster speeds vs. connecting to a MiFi.

I'm very interested in seeing how LTE affects battery life and how stable the LTE is considering it was supposedly delayed because the tegra2 doesn't seem to want to play well with LTE. I won't be in an LTE area until probably December but I want to get the upgrade done now just to get it over with.

And I work from home most days, so, I'll be here when the box arrives. :)

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I think the battery life will be noticeably less.

4G LTE consumes a lot of power no matter the device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21