Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 31 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I got my Xoom upgraded to 4G, who else got there's?

Just received my Xoom back from Motorola with the 4G upgrade. And I have to say it's pretty fast. The process was pretty fast also. I sent it in Fri the 26th and received it today. I attached a screen shot that shows the 4G on the signal bar area. Who else got there upgrade?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I got my Xoom upgraded to 4G, who else got there's?-device-2011-08-30-165215.jpg  
    Last edited by agar2627; 08-30-2011 at 11:27 PM.
    These cell phone companies need to slow down on coming up with new devices and let us enjoy what we have for awhile.
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

I didn't know it started already. How was the whole process?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: I got my Xoom upgraded to 4G, who else got there's?

It's supposed to start Sep 1st. The process was easy. I received an email saying my device was ready for the upgrade, got the supplies needed to ship it out the next day after receiving the email and that was it.
    These cell phone companies need to slow down on coming up with new devices and let us enjoy what we have for awhile.

Are you rooted, and if so did you unroot before sending it off?

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm rather skeptical to be honest ...

Quote Originally Posted by agar2627 View Post
    Just received my Xoom back from Motorola with the 4G upgrade. And I have to say it's pretty fast. The process was pretty fast also. I sent it in Fri the 26th and received it today. I attached a screen shot that shows the 4G on the signal bar area. Who else got there upgrade?
    Got mine too. No scepticism needed. Love it!
    agar2627 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by XOOMBEEZIE View Post
    Got mine too. No scepticism needed. Love it!
    Can you guys run a speed test and post the results?

My main interest is battery life with 4G. Can you comment on that?

Global Posts
    1,717 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

This is encouraging.

Global Posts
    588 Global Posts

So how is the device after you got it back? Any scratches? Physical damage? Loose panels?

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ATM

Got mine yesterday. Awesome.
    Last edited by bworley50; 08-31-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ATM

Correction for vagueness. Got the box. Should receive upgraded Xoom within a few days or less.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by tdraul View Post
    Are you rooted, and if so did you unroot before sending it off?
    No not rooted.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by mkhalil06 View Post
    I'm rather skeptical to be honest ...
    I was to about the 4G because my girl got the thunder bolt on launch and she had a lot of problems with the 4G. We ended up selling it on craigslist.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by erzhik View Post
    So how is the device after you got it back? Any scratches? Physical damage? Loose panels?
    I got it back the the same way i sent it. No scratches or anything. They even put a protective film over my screen protector.

ROM
    Stock on most

Did any of you that got the email on this receive an earlier email about the upgrade or was that the first time you saw it? Also, did you have to enter any info about the 4G SIM card or was everything automatically done for you?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by Averix View Post
    Did any of you that got the email on this receive an earlier email about the upgrade or was that the first time you saw it? Also, did you have to enter any info about the 4G SIM card or was everything automatically done for you?
    Got one email saying it was ready for the upgrade and a 2nd saying I was getting the necessary supplies to ship it out. And once you get it back all you have to do is turn it on and you might get a 4G SIM detection prompt to enable LTE/CDMA mode. If not you'll have to go to your settings and do it. But if you did not have a 3G plan before you sent it in for the upgrade you'll have to sign up for a plan.

Couple of questions, are the folks who got it with the government or a large corp or just an individual. I had read the first batch would be government and large business users.
    Second question, where are you guys at? Is it being rolled out geographically or at random?

Bump on the power consumption question.

Have any of you seen a noticeable difference with the 4G radio?

My question is this.

Were any of the people that got the conversion done employees for VZW or were you part of the "Soak Test" for the Xoom? I am part of the soak and have received nothing.

I filled out the form a few weeks back to get on the notification list. Is there anything else I need to do to get myself an invitation?

22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by mhogan View Post
    I filled out the form a few weeks back to get on the notification list. Is there anything else I need to do to get myself an invitation?

It's not an invitation it's just part of the upgrade your supposed to get when you bought your Xoom with VZW. As far as I know, it's supposed to start after September 1st.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by booboolala2000 View Post
    My question is this.

Were any of the people that got the conversion done employees for VZW or were you part of the "Soak Test" for the Xoom? I am part of the soak and have received nothing.
    It's not part of the soak test program.

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10.1/ 4.2.1 / Lean Kern

What if you purchased the Xoom from someone else. Would we have to contact Verizon on the upgrade?

Unhappy Re: I got my Xoom upgraded to 4G, who else got there's?

According to another forum, government and business owners will be upgraded first. At least the process has started...
Page 1 of 31 1234 ... LastLast