d1c1ple

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know what's in the changelog in the latest build aside from 4G LTE radio's? Any ideas when the wifi versions will be updated?

ElConquistador1963

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know what's in the changelog in the latest build aside from 4G LTE radio's? Any ideas when the wifi versions will be updated?

I find it amazing that people that have a WIFI model want to get the free upgrade. The unit purchased was not purchased from VZW and was never intended to be a cellular device. WIFI versions were purchased because the user did not want any contract or monthly service fee. Why then the excitement to get a modification that would only work on VZW with a subscription? This is completely oppisite to what the original purchase of a WIFI version was about. The WIFI version was cheaper because the unit did not come with any cellular radio and the cost of an equipment upgrade (Yes the free upgrade is paid for by the higher price) is not in the lower price. The upgrade comes from a joint effort from VZW and MOTO. You register for the upgrade through VZW. It requires that you have a 3G radio with an MEID in order to register for the notification and the upgrade request. Then, even if you get the 4G upgrade, would you be willing to pay for the 4G service? If not, why get the upgrade in the first place. Its like demanding a turbo charger for your car that you would never use. It makes no sense to me that a WIFi user would be so adament about getting the upgrade when the device they chose is not intended to get the upgrade and will never get the upgrade. Also, can you say that when you bought the WIFI model that you wer informed or promised an upgrade to a cellular device? If so, I have a bridge you can buy that can be upgraded later to a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. PM me if you want to buy one. :p

4G is a cellular service that you must subscribe to. WIFI is available for "free" in many areas and for pay in still more. They are incompatible as far as connections. Getting a 4G upgrade will not make your WIFI faster. Different frequencies.

Just my 2 cents worth. I'll get off my soapbox now.

Zeusus

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Wowza!

I think he meant the software bump to 3.2.2.

The only changes that I am aware of are those made so the unit works with the 4G radio. It is a useless SOFTWARE upgrade for the WIFI variety.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I find it amazing that people that have a WIFI model want to get the free upgrade. The unit purchased was not purchased from VZW and was never intended to be a cellular device. WIFI versions were purchased because the user did not want any contract or monthly service fee. Why then the excitement to get a modification that would only work on VZW with a subscription? This is completely oppisite to what the original purchase of a WIFI version was about. The WIFI version was cheaper because the unit did not come with any cellular radio and the cost of an equipment upgrade (Yes the free upgrade is paid for by the higher price) is not in the lower price. The upgrade comes from a joint effort from VZW and MOTO. You register for the upgrade through VZW. It requires that you have a 3G radio with an MEID in order to register for the notification and the upgrade request. Then, even if you get the 4G upgrade, would you be willing to pay for the 4G service? If not, why get the upgrade in the first place. Its like demanding a turbo charger for your car that you would never use. It makes no sense to me that a WIFi user would be so adament about getting the upgrade when the device they chose is not intended to get the upgrade and will never get the upgrade. Also, can you say that when you bought the WIFI model that you wer informed or promised an upgrade to a cellular device? If so, I have a bridge you can buy that can be upgraded later to a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. PM me if you want to buy one. :p

4G is a cellular service that you must subscribe to. WIFI is available for "free" in many areas and for pay in still more. They are incompatible as far as connections. Getting a 4G upgrade will not make your WIFI faster. Different frequencies.

Just my 2 cents worth. I'll get off my soapbox now.

I see you been carrying the soapbox from thread to thread about this. Don't let it bother you. Its obvious the wifi won't get 4g. I do think the op here just wanted a update.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

d1c1ple

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Indeed!! calm down :) I was in fact just asking for details on the 3.2.2 release of honeycomb for my WIFI XOOM and if anyone had seen the changelog. I'm assuming there are other fixes included aside from the addition of the 4G LTE Radio support for those of you who are being upgraded. Enjoy the LTE!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21