Motorola Xoom 2?

erzhik

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Looks great and all but they will have a hard time convincing early Xoom adopters to buy this. Unless they give us $200-$300 credit?

PensHockey

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Convince us to buy the Xoom 2? You have a Xoom and it works great! When it craps out in a few years then I might get the xoom2 but by then we will be getting the "Motorola Xoom 3D" a 11in tablet with 3D play back, with motion detection and a 2.5ghz quad core processor running "Lemon Meringue" .

Why would they give out a $200-$300 credit? Because they came out with a new model?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm not really excited about it. Maybe they will be able to sell more, if they market it better this time; to some new customers.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
How many want to wager that this thing will be released with 4G LTE long before Motorola has actually honored their commitment to those of us who were stupid enough to purchase the original Xoom, under the false claim it would be upgraded to 4G LTE?

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm not really excited about it. Maybe they will be able to sell more, if they market it better this time; to some new customers.

Or maybe if it is sold with all the hardware and specifications they claim it will have, rather than lying to people about selling it with an upgrade relatively soon after release.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Or maybe if it is sold with all the hardware and specifications they claim it will have, rather than lying to people about selling it with an upgrade relatively soon after release.

Probably so. I have a MIfi that I use for everything else but, it would have been nice to have LTE directly on the Xoom. The lesson is, for us early adopters; is never buy a unfinished product.

I'm a geek by nature but, just recently got into devices like tablets and Android phones about a year ago. My first Android phone was a Nexus one and, I loved it. I have never been disappointed with the Nexus phones but, others have. I guess it just depends on the individual and, what they like.

A lot of people still love the Xoom, despite it not having LTE and, in the past this is how I felt about the Nexus phones so, I don't blame them. The Nexus S didn't have a lot of things but, i still loved it and, when the Nexus prime, Galaxy Nexus or whatever it going to be called comes out; I'll probably get it.

As far as tablets go, I also have a Ipad 2 along with the Xoom so, I most-likely won't be getting another tablet for quite awhile.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Probably so. I have a MIfi that I use for everything else but, it would have been nice to have LTE directly on the Xoom. The lesson is, for us early adopters; is never buy a unfinished product.

I'm a geek by nature but, just recently got into devices like tablets and Android phones about a year ago. My first Android phone was a Nexus one and, I loved it. I have never been disappointed with the Nexus phones but, others have. I guess it just depends on the individual and, what they like.

A lot of people still love the Xoom, despite it not having LTE and, in the past this is how I felt about the Nexus phones so, I don't blame them. The Nexus S didn't have a lot of things but, i still loved it and, when the Nexus prime, Galaxy Nexus or whatever it going to be called comes out; I'll probably get it.

As far as tablets go, I also have a Ipad 2 along with the Xoom so, I most-likely won't be getting another tablet for quite awhile.

What bothers me isn't so much the fact that the Xoom doesn't have 4G LTE. What bothers me, I do not like being lied to. In my opinion that is exactly what Motorola has done. Yet another deadline is being missed by Motorola regarding the alleged upgrade. I will probably not purchase another Motorola tablet.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
What bothers me isn't so much the fact that the Xoom doesn't have 4G LTE. What bothers me, I do not like being lied to. In my opinion that is exactly what Motorola has done. Yet another deadline is being missed by Motorola regarding the alleged upgrade. I will probably not purchase another Motorola tablet.

Yeah, I don't like being lied to either. I don't think they started out intentionally trying to deceive us.They may have thought it would be available by now but, didn't foresee any technical issues they might have. We will probably see the LTE upgrade sooner or later but, it doesn't look like it will be this month.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I don't like being lied to either. I don't think they started out intentionally trying to deceive us.They may have thought it would be available by now but, didn't foresee any technical issues they might have. We will probably see the LTE upgrade sooner or later but, it doesn't look like it will be this month.

I think it is clear we aren't going to see it this month. It's too bad Motorola couldn't be bothered to communicate with their customers why they are delaying it yet again.

This is a royal screw up on the part of Motorola.

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I am super excited about the 8.2" screen Xoom Media edition or w/e. 8.8mm thick, thats really thin. I am pumped for that 1. Weighing 0.9 lbs. <3 I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 right now, love the hardware and trying my best to love Touchwiz, but seriously Honeycomb ran smoother when it was stock. So I want stock only. No more skins.

Major

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/mo...-my-xoom-upgraded-4g-who-else-got-theres.html

That's a thread-ful of people that have gotten their 4G upgrade....

That by far is not the majority of those who have purchased the device. We are also coming up on the end of the summer of 2011. Another failed commitment on the part of Motorola. A company that has made it a practice to lie to their Xoom customers.

There are plenty of people in this forum who have not received any communication from Motorola regarding upgrading their devices. I'm willing to bet that number out numbers and overshadows the minority of people who have had their devices upgraded.

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
honestly it looks ugly i hate the back. I like the sleek look of the OG xoom. the only thing that would make me trade up is a better screen and it would be nice if they got all of the bugs out of the OS

Major

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
That by far is not the majority of those who have purchased the device. We are also coming up on the end of the summer of 2011. Another failed commitment on the part of Motorola. A company that has made it a practice to lie to their Xoom customers.

There are plenty of people in this forum who have not received any communication from Motorola regarding upgrading their devices. I'm willing to bet that number out numbers and overshadows the minority of people who have had their devices upgraded.

I assumed that it was up to the consumer to contact Motorola if they in fact wanted the 4G upgrade. What exactly is the procedure? Did you have to register the device with Motorola when you first bought it? Since we know that Motorola is already doing upgrades, I am willing to bet that anyone who asks for it will get it (if they haven't been contacted by Motorola yet, for whatever reason).

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I assumed that it was up to the consumer to contact Motorola if they in fact wanted the 4G upgrade. What exactly is the procedure? Did you have to register the device with Motorola when you first bought it? Since we know that Motorola is already doing upgrades, I am willing to bet that anyone who asks for it will get it (if they haven't been contacted by Motorola yet, for whatever reason).

Don't assume for obvious reasons.

Each time I have contacted Motorola they have told me there is no date set for the upgrade and to sign up at Verizon to be notified when the upgrade is available.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz