Is it too late?

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Should I get the xoom? I really want a tablet and I feel like this would be one of the better options.
It was between this and the Galaxy TAB 10.1 but I feel like this would be better because of the ports and the expandable memory. What do you guys think? I really don't want to get and iPad because I don't want to be tied down to apple.

PensHockey

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Xoom is great. If you want to wait 10 months to get the Xoom2 if that's what it is. Or you can wait a year and a half to get the next on the list.
If you can get the Xoom for a great price its a great tablet. I already have a DX so I have all the cables already for the Xoom.

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You've halfway between the XOOM initial release and the probable release of the XOOM2.

If you are not the kind of person who needs the latest version of something, then I'd buy a XOOM now. It's an awesome tablet.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Should I get the xoom? I really want a tablet and I feel like this would be one of the better options.
It was between this and the Galaxy TAB 10.1 but I feel like this would be better because of the ports and the expandable memory. What do you guys think? I really don't want to get and iPad because I don't want to be tied down to apple.

If you are looking for 4G LTE, the Xoom is most definitely not the way to go. Motorola is not interested in getting our devices upgraded as we were led to believe when we purchased them.

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If you are looking for 4G LTE, the Xoom is most definitely not the way to go. Motorola is not interested in getting our devices upgraded as we were led to believe when we purchased them.
Yo dude! You've got to let this go.

The upgrade is rolling out. It was late, yeah, no doubt about that... very late! Now they have to deal with a ton of XOOMs to upgrade. That will take time. There are too many to do in a single month. If they went any faster, they'd have to hire temporary technicians. I, for one, don't want some temp messing with my XOOM. ;-)

If you really need an outlet, direct your anger in a letter to senior management at Motorola, where it may do some good. This is not a failing of the general employees of Motorola Mobility. It is a failure of the marketing department to communicate and adjust expectations of their customer base. Hurt the ones who deserve being hurt by letters to the senior staff.

Don't set you life's purpose to hurt one of the few American companies still in the game.

Wake up guy. See all that unemployment out there?

These things may be produced in Asia, but there are thousands of employees here doing and supporting the design work. They all have families to feed and they are not responsible for a lousy marketing staff. They are responsible for putting out one kick-arse tablet. ;-)

barkomatic

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Xoom is great. If you want to wait 10 months to get the Xoom2 if that's what it is. Or you can wait a year and a half to get the next on the list.
If you can get the Xoom for a great price its a great tablet. I already have a DX so I have all the cables already for the Xoom.

Where are you getting 10 months until the next Xoom? The prototypes are ready and numerous leaks have been posted on the news section. I'd say more like 4 months--if that.

To the OP, I'd wait for the second generation of any honeycomb/ICS tablet you are considering. All of those released so far are essentially "rough drafts" that the various manufacturers released as a learning experience. Some are better than others, but the next batch should be much better products overall.

Hopefully, the carriers will begin to offer pre-paid data plans on the 3G/LTE models. Tablets are not phones.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Where are you getting 10 months until the next Xoom? The prototypes are ready and numerous leaks have been posted on the news section. I'd say more like 4 months--if that.

To the OP, I'd wait for the second generation of any honeycomb/ICS tablet you are considering. All of those released so far are essentially "rough drafts" that the various manufacturers released as a learning experience. Some are better than others, but the next batch should be much better products overall.

Hopefully, the carriers will begin to offer pre-paid data plans on the 3G/LTE models. Tablets are not phones.

I will never to buy another Motorola tablet. They lied to us about the 4G LTE upgrade on the Xoom.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

PensHockey

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I will never to buy another Motorola tablet. They lied to us about the 4G LTE upgrade on the Xoom.

So your not getting your Xoom upgraded? I have been reading for the past month that people have been getting their Xoom upgraded to 4G.

So your upset that you haven't got yours upgraded yet? If your that upset, return it complain to Verizon about why it took so long and get a Galaxy.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So your not getting your Xoom upgraded? I have been reading for the past month that people have been getting their Xoom upgraded to 4G.

So your upset that you haven't got yours upgraded yet? If your that upset, return it complain to Verizon about why it took so long and get a Galaxy.

I can't return it. I'm well out of the return/exchange period.

PensHockey

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes but if you feel that they did not fulfill there end of the contract then you have the means to back out or exchange for a new device.

But what are you going to say? I want 4G and you havnt done it yet. They will just look at you and say "we are installing 4G on those devices"

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes but if you feel that they did not fulfill there end of the contract then you have the means to back out or exchange for a new device.
No, you don't. If you'll recall, we weren't really given any type of communication regarding all the delay's. By the time the first delay hit, I was out of my return/exchange period.
But what are you going to say? I want 4G and you havnt done it yet. They will just look at you and say "we are installing 4G on those devices"
Since they didn't begin the upgrade with everyone and chose to start with the government, at least in my opinion, even the commitment that was made to have this thing out by the end of summer 2011 was a fraud. Maybe the VZW stores you deal with are more lenient then the ones that are around me locally. Neither VZW's customer service nor, the retail store I purchased the Xoom at were interested in allowing me to return, or exchange the device so many months after the initial purchase.

As for the Motorola not having 4G LTE sooner, why would that be? They ended up being the last group who have released these tablets to actually put the 4G into them.