Motorola Customer Service

danyzfr6

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
@DanH

How do you get in touch with Customer Advocacy Group? I've been trying to get transferred to them but none of the Motorola reps will do it! They say it's not policy!

I've had a horrible experience with Motorola Customer Service over the update to my Xoom. Any help will be appreciated.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I spoke with Ann this morning in the consumer advocacy dept and explained my issue and reasons for wanting a new Xoom. She is going to see what further options are available from her end and get back with me shortly.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
@DanH

How do you get in touch with Customer Advocacy Group? I've been trying to get transferred to them but none of the Motorola reps will do it! They say it's not policy!

I've had a horrible experience with Motorola Customer Service over the update to my Xoom. Any help will be appreciated.

I emailed the CEO, Sanjay Jha. They called me back same day.

I didn't even ask them to call. I just basically told them about my experience, and explained how/why they lost me as a customer. I guess I can post my email to them if you care to read it.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Just an update for everyone, I got a new XOOM in the mail today. It was packaged up just as the one I sent in for the 4G upgrade was, but you could tell the XOOM was new because it still had plastic covering literally every single surface. There was a SIM card inside, and they also included another new dock.

Here's the crazy thing...I've never heard back from Motorola! I called the lady yesterday and left her a message asking if she got the pictures I sent. I've never heard back from them. I don't have any instructions/directions as to how to return my damaged XOOM or anything.

I'm not going to reach out to them anymore. If they call me and ask for the damaged one and provide what is needed to ship it back I will, but I'm not going to bring it to their attention. They don't even have anything other than my name, office address and phone number. Seems a little daring on their part, although I guess they do have the serial numbers so if I tried to keep them both they could very likely remotely disable one or both of them. I wouldn't avoid them and keep it anyways, but I'd bet there are plenty of people that would.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Ann called me back and said her options are as follows, I can send my Xoom in for repairs which would take up to 12 days, or they can send me out another Xoom but the could not guarantee that it would not be a refurbished mode.. If I choose to receive a new/refurbished Xoom I would have to provide a credit card number for them to bill if they did not receive my Xoom back.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Most people will only post negative comments I understand this. So just to mention, I've only had great experience with Motorola's customer service. I always got someone that speaks English as their first language, very friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, and did what was necessary to fix problems I've had. My Xoom came back from the upgrade in mint condition. Matter of fact I had a note in with my Xoom saying battery life wasn't as good as it was when new. When i got it back there was a work order that said lte upgrade and battery replacement.

Really sorry to hear you guys are having problems!

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, they emailed me and asked for the old XOOM back. I saved the box they sent this one in, and I'll put the old XOOM in that box and send her off next week sometime. I need a little time with both of them to get my settings and screen layouts all moved over.

This experience with Motorola has been great.

dukenilnil

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I've only had great experience with Motorola. I've had 3 different devices from them and getting my 4th soon (a Xoom). As with all companies, sometimes you get less than helpful people, but as a whole, Moto is much more consumer friendly than pretty much any large company I've worked with.

ebarr01

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have never experienced a more HORRIBLE customer service experience as I have with Motorola. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER MOTOROLA PHONE and I have purchased two phones in the past 3 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith