Motorola Customer Service

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
So...my XOOM got damaged while in for the 4G upgrade. The black plastic piece that covers the top/back of the device got all knicked up. It looks like the slid it in to a jig or something, and used a little too much force. The knicks are evenly spaced...it is very strange.

I contacted Motorola and was given the run around, so I decided to email our good friend, Motorola Mobility CEO Sanjay Jha. Within two hours I received a call from a woman at his office, and she asked about my experience. She is getting a brand new XOOM upgraded to 4G now, and once that is done she will inspect it, and then send it to me. Once I get that one, they ask that I send my old one back after I've had a chance to get everything migrated over to the XOOM.

That email took a bad experience, and turned it in to a good one. Maybe the company isn't so bad after all.

I'll keep everyone posted as this progresses (if you all have any interest).

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
It sucked big time for me they were rude and I was transferred 4 times was promised a call back that never came what's the email you can pm me if u don't want to post this in the thread I do not want a new one just need a back cover mine is cracked in half

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Don't suppose Mr. Jha is in charge of their cable modem devision by any chance?

Spent an hour on the phone with warranty before the tech ultimately said, "I'm sorry, I don't agree with my manager, but he won't let me warranty your modem."

No real desire to buy Moto devices after that.

-Suntan

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Well add my name to the list of "disappointed at this point" customers. My Xoom has several deep scratches on the back and several places where the paint is discolored.

I am on hold right now waiting to speak with an agent. I may need San jays email address as well when this is all over.

I will only accept a new device not a refurb.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
the rep I was talking to (Jessica) wanted me to send my unit back for a new housing. I refused and she is sending me to the consumer advocacy dept. So Jessica came back on line and asked me to send her pics of the scratches on the back so she can determine what her other options may be.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
The lady that I'm working with is in the "Corporate Consumer Advocacy Group". She's great.

Much better than the reps in India that have never even seen a XOOM (nothing against the people of India here...I'm just not a fan of outsourced customer service).

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
hopefully they go further and review thier process and employee training to make sure those types of things don't happen again. i've had my xoom wifi for a few months now and vev with them selling for $100 less then i paid, i still feel i made a good purchase, hardware is rock solid, it is a premium tablet that is the closest to bridging the laptop to tablet . my hope is motorola stays firm about supporting this product, that we get os updates fast and izd really like a motorola phone that compliments the xoom, sans ice cream sandwich and future os's!

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Jessica from motor support called me back and stated that I would need to ship my Xoom back to them for repairs. I assume this would take 7-10 Days.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I got an email today from Motorola saying they received my XOOM and the 4G upgrade is being processed.

Considering that I'm typing this from the XOOM I have to assume it is the new one that Motorola is getting for me.

Live2ride883, did you send an email to the man on top like I did?

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
And I just got an email saying it has shipped.

I wonder if it has really shipped, or it is like when I sent mine in for the 4G upgrade and it will ship in 6 days =)

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed something interesting. I tracked it on Motorola's website, and under device notes on this new one it says "WiFi Only 4G LTE Upgrade". I don't remember it saying that when I sent my old one in, so I tracked my original and in that area it says "4G LTE Upgrade". The "WiFi Only" on the current one is interesting. Don't the WiFi only models have a different colored back? I wonder if it will receive updates as a WiFi only device, or if it will receive updates as a 4G device? I wonder if it will say "Verizon" on the bezel like mine does now?

If the back is a different color I'm going to get upset. I really like the black back.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I got an email today from Motorola saying they received my XOOM and the 4G upgrade is being processed.

Considering that I'm typing this from the XOOM I have to assume it is the new one that Motorola is getting for me.

Live2ride883, did you send an email to the man on top like I did?

Not yet but I will soon.

bmhanson

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I tracked it on Motorola's website, and under device notes on this new one it says "WiFi Only 4G LTE Upgrade". I don't remember it saying that when I sent my old one in, so I tracked my original and in that area it says "4G LTE Upgrade".

Likely just an indication that it is not activated and/or you will not be getting a hew sim card.