Thinking about picking up a xoom

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I think now is the time to wait. I love my day 1 wifi Xoom but if I were considering a tablet now, I'd wait. Quad-core tab(s) will be out by the end of 201 -- will be pricey if you want to be on the 'bleeding edge' of technology. However, current tab prices will come down as the market shifts to the "next big thing."

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
You should wait, I was considering another tablet right now but the smart decision is to just wait for the Quad core tablets. I might pick up the next Google tablet or maybe just the Prime, I suggest you do the same if you are really looking for an Android tablet. If you need a tablet that works though, I am forced to recommend an iPad or PlayBook(I am aware that the Playbook does not have an email app but it is far more stable compared to the Xoom), they are just a little more complete. Android on tablets(Honeycomb at least) feels very much incomplete and broken in some aspects.

Sent from my Xoom

milesmcever

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Having a Xoom since day one and even though I am currently fighting with Motorola right now it has been a great device and has fully replaced my laptop. As far as a playbook or iPad being more complete I dont really agree with (what are you going to use it for) but I would say that the iPad does have more games you can sing along with if you are into that, the playbook I only know one person with and they are not happy. But I support what the others are saying on waiting if you can I would say wait till right after christmas and you can either get a new Tegra 3 or a Xoom which I bet will be dirt cheap. I also have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 and everyone that ask which I like more my answer is they really are the same device just one is thinner than the other performance is the same.

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If you need a tablet that works though, I am forced to recommend an iPad or PlayBook(I am aware that the Playbook does not have an email app but it is far more stable compared to the Xoom), they are just a little more complete. Android on tablets(Honeycomb at least) feels very much incomplete and broken in some aspects.

?! There are always a few in the crowd. ;-)

I love my XOOM (now...finally... with 4G) and find nothing to complain about. It services my personal entertainment needs fantastically and fits in with my business needs fabulously. I've replaced about 80% of my notebook time with my XOOM. That percentage would be higher, but I'm an engineer and there are several apps I need that are only on PCs.

Even so... I find myself frequently RDP'ing to my home desktop to do the things I can't on my XOOM, like write - compile - simulate C code while I'm waiting for someone to arrive... or when I'm at a gate myself waiting to depart. Now with 4G LTE, this got a whole lot better!!! ;-)

With Ice Cream Sandwich on the near horizon, things are only going to get better. I can't wait for the improved voice to text features. I use this feature now all the time. Losing the delay of translation and being able to create full paragraphs on the fly (Instead of just a couple of sentences) will be fantastic.

If it were me, I'd get a tablet now. If you're into gaming, you might want to wait for a quad core, but IMHO, that's the only reason one should wait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21