Movies

ejz28

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
i've been using dvd decrypter and handbrake to make movies for my thunderbolt. i just got the family edition and was going to use handbrake to convert some video files but it only lets me go to 720x400, i'd like to use the full screen if i can, any suggestions on another app or maybe i'm just doing something wrong?

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Try DVD Catalyst.

Here's a question for you. What program do you use for movie browsing/selection?

I recently took some DVD files that I had saved to computer and used Handbrake to put them into MP4 files. They worked great on DroidX, but when I went to XOOM, when I played it in Mobo Player, it was smaller screen. However, I also downloaded free version of MX Player (or something like that) and the screen is much bigger.

I will check out DVD Catalyst too.

I also downloaded Wondershare DVD Ripper Platinum to copy a few other DVD's, but I have not put them on Sd card yet to check them out. I saved them as HD MP4, so I will be curious to see what it looks like. I am supposed to get my 32Gb SD card tomorrow, so I will see then how this looks using each of the two players I said

ejz28

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I've been using rock player lite just like for my Thunderbolt and it seems to be working. I added my sd card to my zoom but when I plug in to my laptop with the usb its not seeing it. I thought I saw something on this but don't remember what??

ElConquistador1963

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have tried many different players but I find that MX Video Player to be the best. I have only had 1 or 2 videos that I needed to play using something else. The interface is simple, I can volume up by just swiping the screen, the same for brightness. i can pinch and zoom on the xoom (haha) while playing the video. Overall it is very simple to use and very reliable. never had a force close and I have used it for over 30 hours so far.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I have tried many different players but I find that MX Video Player to be the best. I have only had 1 or 2 videos that I needed to play using something else. The interface is simple, I can volume up by just swiping the screen, the same for brightness. i can pinch and zoom on the xoom (haha) while playing the video. Overall it is very simple to use and very reliable. never had a force close and I have used it for over 30 hours so far.

Similar experience here - I tried a number of players before settling on MX Video Player Pro. Works very well with different formats, nice simple interface, and I like how it hides the bottom dashboard buttons when playing.

Dave