1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Xoom or Tab7 Plus

I can buy a Xoom or Tab 7 Plus for thr same price. Screen size does mot matter. Which would you choose?

Default Re: Xoom or Tab7 Plus

Size does matter.

I'd buy the Xoom for sure!! I love my Xoom!! BTW, I have no clue about the quality or usability of the Tab7 Plus. So, I'm bias.

Quote Originally Posted by CSI Guy View Post
    I can buy a Xoom or Tab 7 Plus for thr same price. Screen size does mot matter. Which would you choose?
    If screen size (which I assume is meant to convey that total physical size isn't an issue), do yourself the favor of buying as much usable space as you can.

The only logical reasons to sacrifice screen space are physical size and weight. My wife chose the original 7 inch Samsung specifically because she wanted a smaller device which would fit into a purse. But, she realized that she was sacrificing some usability by accepting the smaller screen size.

Personally, I'm hoping to see larger screen sizes along with higher resolutions in future tablet devices (14 inch would seem to me little more difficult to carry and hold compared to the advantages of the increased screen size).

Beyond screen size, you should probably think more seriously about how you envision yourself using a tablet. Two uder-considered advantages the originalXoom has are it's ability to output directly to an HDMI television for portable picture slide-shows or Power Point presentations (at least for someone like myself who can use it for presentations at work); and the much faster battery recharge rate the Xoom enjoys over others which are stuck relying on USB to recharge.

If Ice Creamsandwhich does deliver read/write functionality to SD cards and (hopefully) USB drives, the Xoom will enjoy even greater utility compared to the Samsung Tabs.

Since you did not explain you claim that screen size didn't matter, perhaps you could provide more detail regarding your intended usage. It would be helpful in providing the best answer to your question.

Note to "Buy the Transformer Prime" Guy: the question being asked revolved around the comparable prices for the two devices in question.