Help Updating Motorola Xoom

Bendroid55

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
My sister bought a wifi only Xoom a couple of days ago. I have tried to pull the update numerous times, but the tablet is stuck on Android 3.1 and still has the old Market (no movies and no music). I've been running 3.2 since July on my Transformer and have been able to access movies from the market for months. Is Motorola just behind on updates? It shouldn't be as this is a Google development device. Is there something wrong with her tablet? Any ideas?

I am pretty well versed in Android hackery and could certainly get this thing updated manually, but I shouldn't have to. She also won't let me have it long enough to do anything with it.

Thanks

Bendroid55

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Ya definitely tried that. She told me tonight that she got the Family Edition. It looks like its more than a few apps, the software build is different. That probably explains it. Must be on a separate update schedule than the regular Xoom.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Ya definitely tried that. She told me tonight that she got the Family Edition. It looks like its more than a few apps, the software build is different. That probably explains it. Must be on a separate update schedule than the regular Xoom.

When you were messing with it you didn't notice it's completely different?

Yeah, the Family Edition doesn't have 3.2 yet.

Bendroid55

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I didn't realize it was different at first because I didn't have a point of comparison. I never really used the original Xoom. The fact that the family edition still has the laggy browser and doesn't have movies in the Market is appalling to me, but she loves the thing to death, so who am I to complain.