Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default xoom promo question 3g>wifi only

If I have a smartphone line on my account that is eligible to upgrade, can I just purchase the xoom for the 199, activate it on that line temporarily. Then just reactivate my smartphone on that line and use the xoom as WiFi only? I cannot find the answer to this anywhere. Reason I'm wondering is I would like to get this as a gift and have a couple of upgrades to spare. I obviously don't want to pay someone else's data plan per month lol
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: xoom promo question 3g>wifi only

That wpuld be pretty awesome if I could get a reply before the deal ends at midnight..

yes you can. The contract is on the line (phone number) not the device. You can put any device you want on it. You can use the wifi without having an active account. If you want to activate it in the future you can on a month to month but there will be a $35.00 activation fee.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks a lot i appreciate it!

Did it work? I read the promo to only apply to NEW activation of 2GB broadband accounts.