Anyone else have LTE SIM card errors?

mloebl

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday afternoon out of the blue (while on Wifi and sitting idly next to me) I get an LTE SIM card authorization error that I can't clear. I can't connect to 3G either, though strangely I connected at 1x once... I called Verizon and they said "Odd, your account is fine..." then sent me to the next tier who told me about the Razr issue, but the "first report of a Xoom with issues". Anyone else? Supposed to get a call back today from them as they escalated it up again.

-Mike

bikercr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
This is a widespread problem from New England to Texas--started yesterday afternoon and is continuing right now. VZW is aware of it and is trying to repair it. The "SIM Card Authorization Error" is affecting almost all SIM card based 4G Verizon devices--including my own Droid RAZR.

kesnik

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
lol, I called Verizon yesterday because of this problem. My xoom would say "no internet connection" then it would change to 3g but i would not have connectivity. Verizon tech support ordered me another sim card and made no mention of this problem. The guy even said "I checked if there is any outages". These guys are so out of the loop.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the rumor of the Galaxy Nexus being delayed past 12/9.

-Kesnik

mloebl

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Glad to see I'm not the only one and that's it's not a hardware failure in my Xoom, was getting worried as this forum was quiet and the blogs were initially saying a Razr issue like the VZW tech said. Though, TBH, before I heard about the outage, I wondered if it was related to the Pay As You Go update they pushed out, but obviously that's not the case now. Just wish I could get the 3G going... was pretty weird to see it kick over to 1x for awhile and that did work at least :)

-Mike

castrand1

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
It just happened to me and I am glad to see that it is not a hardware problem. I too hope that they are swift in repairing it. Luckily, wireless access still works and I can use it.

comfortably nub

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been having severe data drop offs since I received the xoom last week and now this crap happens. I'm not sure if this will clear up or if its going to continue on beyond my 14 day return period.
All I know is that my first experience with verizon lte has been absolutely horrendous. Having to power-cycle a device every few hours to regain connectivity is a definite deal killer -and even that does not help today. Not sure if I should keep it as it seems many others have been having the same connectivity issues for months now...

mloebl

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
My 3g finally came up this evening and SIM card error cleared so assuming 4g will probably be up when I get to work tomorrow. Regardless glad to be back to normal. Tbh other than this its been very stable since I got this back in April.

-Mike

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech