Where is ICS??

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Seeing as ICS is coming to the transformer prime next week and that the OG transformer will be getting ICS "soon", where is ICS for the Motorola Xoom.

I mean this is a GED. The updates push out straight from google. so what is the hold up.

Last edited:

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Because it needs to be addressed. I and this is different because of the transformer prime. If they can get ICS out by this week then why hasn't motorola released their update???. That's why this thread is different.

PensHockey

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a new born that doesn't cry as much as the people in this forum.

If ICS is a hybrid of GB and Honeycomb what are you expecting? What in GB would you like on a tablet?

You should be more upset that ICS is not going out to more phones.

Castorshells

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Honeycomb was an incomplete OS that got pushed to early. ICS is a welcome fix for that, makes my Xoom feel like a new tablet, its amazing! The wifi version will be first to get it followed by the 3g/4g after that. People want the OS for a better overall experience. I have no idea on an actual timeframe for release, I also seriously doubt Asus will have ICS by the 12th.

I am on ics now only because of the nightly builds being released on XDA.

tonyflo04

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Honeycomb was an incomplete OS that got pushed to early. ICS is a welcome fix for that, makes my Xoom feel like a new tablet, its amazing! The wifi version will be first to get it followed by the 3g/4g after that. People want the OS for a better overall experience. I have no idea on an actual timeframe for release, I also seriously doubt Asus will have ICS by the 12th.

Is there any lag using the stock configuration? or did you OC the CPU

Castorshells

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
ICS is sooooo smooth, its awesome. I am OC'd but its smooth without it. If your on HC and want it smoother I would suggest getting ADW launcher, it helps a lot with overall smoothness of HC.

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm running stock and it's unbearable and almost unusable. I apps scroll so slow and performance is pretty bad.

And ICS brings about another of bug fixes that are very necessary. I'm not complaining or crying I'm just saying Motorola need to fulfill their promise to motorola xoom owners.

PensHockey

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm running stock and it's unbearable and almost unusable. I apps scroll so slow and performance is pretty bad.

And ICS brings about another of bug fixes that are very necessary. I'm not complaining or crying I'm just saying Motorola need to fulfill their promise to motorola xoom owners.

Iam going to call user error. My Xoom is fast, responsive and totally customizable. Iam running phone apps with no problem. Running different launchers from the start. Speed test beats my dads iPad.

So if you have a slow Xoom look at what you installed. We all know from the phone forums that 90% of all problems are user errors.

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

http://www.androidcentral.com/asus-transformer-prime-ics-update-arriving-today#comments

See the update will be out today... This is just crazy.

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Iam going to call user error. My Xoom is fast, responsive and totally customizable. Iam running phone apps with no problem. Running different launchers from the start. Speed test beats my dads iPad.

So if you have a slow Xoom look at what you installed. We all know from the phone forums that 90% of all problems are user errors.

No user error here.. I have hard reset the tablet 3x and it's still laggy and choppy. I believe it's the OS honeycomb was a half baked product.. I am hoping ics will be better.. As for speed tests mine is slower than an ipad. I he'll my phone is faster than my xoom

tonyflo04

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
ICS is sooooo smooth, its awesome. I am OC'd but its smooth without it. If your on HC and want it smoother I would suggest getting ADW launcher, it helps a lot with overall smoothness of HC.

I agree, I do have ADW and it does help a little, but there is still some lag. I have considered rooting my wifi Xoom

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

crowordove

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I agree, I do have ADW and it does help a little, but there is still some lag. I have considered rooting my wifi Xoom

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

As a root user running ICS I would highly recommend it. My Xoom is 200% better than it was stock and I was happy then. The nightlies on xda are more stable and as smooth as silk. And if you don't like it you can always unroot the device and pretend it never happened.

But you know what they say....... Once you go root.....

Sent from my Eos-ified Xoom

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
No user error here.. I have hard reset the tablet 3x and it's still laggy and choppy. I believe it's the OS honeycomb was a half baked product.. I am hoping ics will be better.. As for speed tests mine is slower than an ipad. I he'll my phone is faster than my xoom

I hardly use my Xoom any more. My Nexus plays my Netflix and Slingbox far better than my Xoom does.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
sorry yes user error to a point, you have to find "the" app that you loaded that caused it to lag or slow down. example i loaded a keyboard that i liked a lot but it lagged and force closed a lot, since removing it xoom is zooming now.
as i agree where is ICS but i will wait like everyone else to get it. i want it right, google just released it not to long ago, then it has to go through motorolas hands then verizon or vice versa. if you have 3g/4g model.

slwerner

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I hardly use my Xoom any more. My Nexus plays my Netflix and Slingbox far better than my Xoom does.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Are you serious? All you would be doing with your Xoom would be playing movies (if only your phone didn't do it better)?

I'm sorry, and, while I wish there was a nicer way to put it, but... that's just pathetic.

I use my Xoom almost constantly for a wide range of tasks, but for and for personal uses. Except applications/tasks which require a PC, it has largely replaced the laptop I used to use extensively.

This Xoom of mine has been a real workhorse.

I'm even used my Xoom to play content from Netflix via 4G (away from WiFi, and plugged into a TV). Now, 4G is nowhere near as fast as our home WiFi, but even so, the play back didn't seem to be any worse than what we've experienced with Netflix on and XBox 360 (WiFi), which also had issues with buffering delays, and some pixelation.

But, if all I wanted to do was use a device to stream movies, I wouldn't have bought any tablet. That would have been a monumental waste...but, I guess you already know that now.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Are you serious? All you would be doing with your Xoom would be playing movies (if only your phone didn't do it better)?

I'm sorry, and, while I wish there was a nicer way to put it, but... that's just pathetic.

I use my Xoom almost constantly for a wide range of tasks, but for and for personal uses. Except applications/tasks which require a PC, it has largely replaced the laptop I used to use extensively.

This Xoom of mine has been a real workhorse.

I'm even used my Xoom to play content from Netflix via 4G (away from WiFi, and plugged into a TV). Now, 4G is nowhere near as fast as our home WiFi, but even so, the play back didn't seem to be any worse than what we've experienced with Netflix on and XBox 360 (WiFi), which also had issues with buffering delays, and some pixelation.

But, if all I wanted to do was use a device to stream movies, I wouldn't have bought any tablet. That would have been a monumental waste...but, I guess you already know that now.
Wow!

I'm glad the Xoom has worked out well for you. I'm glad that the Xoom has pretty much replaced your home computer. Kudos to you for being able to do that.

I did not purchase my Xoom simply to stream videos. When the device was released Netflix wasn't even offered on the device.

If you are attempting to make any type of a judgment on how much the Xoom or for that matter most any other tablet costs there is really no way to do that. Tablet devices are far more expensive than a lot of laptop computers are. Especially when you factor in storage, hardware and processor speed.

My apology if my comparison to the Nexus bothers you. But, you are out of line questioning me or anyone else for their choices in how they spend money in this forum.

For me personally the Xoom has been a major let down. Beginning with the inexcusable delays upgrading our devices to 4G LTE, to seeing the release of the Xyborg only weeks after the delayed upgrade of the Xoom.

slwerner

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
My apology if my comparison to the Nexus bothers you. But, you are out of line questioning me or anyone else for their choices in how they spend money in this forum.

For me personally the Xoom has been a major let down. Beginning with the inexcusable delays upgrading our devices to 4G LTE, to seeing the release of the Xyborg only weeks after the delayed upgrade of the Xoom.

The only thing I was addressing was the apparent lack of use you were reporting (for your Xoom) as your phone could stream movies better.

While I also stream movies from time to time, that is hardly what I'd consider an important consideration for any device (tablet/phone/etc.), let alone the most important.

Yes, even though it has flaws and delays, the Xoom has worked out great for me, simply because I have lots of things I can and do use it for.

Your post made it seem as though your only (or, at least primary) use for your Xoom had been video streaming.

But, I know that for my purposes, a spreadsheet, a document, a powerpoint, or even just an email is going to be much easier to read/work with on the larger tablet format than on ANY phone. Same for viewing web sites, and a host of other uses for which functional screen size is important.

Sure, a computer can do serve those same functions, but my Xoom is so much more portable than my laptop, yet so much more useful than my phone (Droid X). Even back with just 3.0 and 3G, it proved to be superior for many basic day-to-day functions due to it's portability with so severely compromised screen size.

I often see post (not just yours) in which owners complain about the little nuisances with Xooms (can't write to SD in apps, doesn't stream video as well as a phone(, and I'm left wondering why these people ever wanted to by a tablet in the first place. My motivation was the work I could get done with it.

And, when i do chose to watch a movie on it, my Xoom's screen is far superior to even the biggest phone's. I'm less concerned about the quality of the data streaming than about not having to hold the device 3 inches from my face to watch something.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang