Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 117
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #76  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    I installed this today and everything appeared to go well. The OS seems to run very fast but all of my 3rd party apps are running much slower than they used to. When I select an item on a list, the device freezes for 10-15 seconds before doing anything. I'm also getting quite a few Force Closes....I've been updated for less than an hour and have seem 7 or 8 already. Anyone else having these problems? Should I reflash it?
  2. #77  
    forkball316's Avatar

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    Quote Originally Posted by ProvoAggie View Post
    I installed this today and everything appeared to go well. The OS seems to run very fast but all of my 3rd party apps are running much slower than they used to. When I select an item on a list, the device freezes for 10-15 seconds before doing anything. I'm also getting quite a few Force Closes....I've been updated for less than an hour and have seem 7 or 8 already. Anyone else having these problems? Should I reflash it?
    Check in the market to make sure that the apps experiencing problems have been updated to run on ICS.
  3. #78  

    Default

    Ics on the Xoom seems much cleaner than honeycomb. Much faster as well
  4. #79  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    I'm stuck at step 4

    4.You should now be at a screen with a green android, that has gears in his chest, and we should see a yellow hazard sign.>>> Press Volume Up and Power Button at the same time. This is the only way to bring up the recovery menu.


    i get to a screen with a Green android with a yellow triangle and an exclamation mark, but when I presh Volume Up and Power Button, the Xoom just reboots.

    What am I doing wrong?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #80  
    harold42483's Avatar

    Posts
    526 Posts
    Global Posts
    646 Global Posts
    ROM
    Motorola Xoom Running ICS

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    Quote Originally Posted by cutlip98 View Post
    I'm stuck at step 4

    4.You should now be at a screen with a green android, that has gears in his chest, and we should see a yellow hazard sign.>>> Press Volume Up and Power Button at the same time. This is the only way to bring up the recovery menu.


    i get to a screen with a Green android with a yellow triangle and an exclamation mark, but when I presh Volume Up and Power Button, the Xoom just reboots.

    What am I doing wrong?
    Ok got just press the simultaneously just once. Do not press and hold the buttons. Try it again and let me know what happens
  6. #81  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    Worked perfectly.... I ordered the OTG cable from Amazon on Monday and it arrived on Tuesday. Downloaded file onto USB, followed directions and voila! ICS. When I first tried, I hit a button wrong and ended up stuck on Fastboot protocol support, but I just rebooted and started over....no problems at all. As I have this on my phone, I am familiar with it, but looking forward to seeing it in action on my Xoom!!! What are some things people are noticing with this update? (Non-soak testers of course!)
  7. #82  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mhpspeed View Post
    I Just read threw all the posts, I am not rooted but I am unlocked, will it matter if I am Unlocked?


    I tried to root before (a couple times actually) but literally gave up after 5 hours of frustration, using a Mac makes everything just that much harder to find guides and files.
    Unlocked is no problem. You can install it so long as everything is still stock.

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk


    Samsung S4 Google Play Edition
  8. #83  
    DACNET's Avatar

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    I am following the directions but keep receiving the E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

    Has anyone experienced this issue and have a resolution? I followed the earlier posted directions to re-download the zip file but keep having the same issue.

    Help!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #84  
    harold42483's Avatar

    Posts
    526 Posts
    Global Posts
    646 Global Posts
    ROM
    Motorola Xoom Running ICS

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    Quote Originally Posted by dwayne598 View Post
    I am following the directions but keep receiving the E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

    Has anyone experienced this issue and have a resolution? I followed the earlier posted directions to re-download the zip file but keep having the same issue.

    Help!
    What kind of drive are you using to store the. Zip
  10. #85  
    DACNET's Avatar

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    The Thumb Drive wasn't the problem.

    (User Error!)
    My problem was I flashed back to stock and didn't accept the 2 system updates. Once I did that I was able to apply the update from the USB drive.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #86  
    harold42483's Avatar

    Posts
    526 Posts
    Global Posts
    646 Global Posts
    ROM
    Motorola Xoom Running ICS

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    awesom glad it worked out!
  12. #87  
    GuyH's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    I have a UK wifi Xoom. Can I apply this update?

    I tried to install on my stock Xoom and it gets so far as to say the package failed verification. I downloaded the zip from the link in this thread.
    Last edited by GuyH; 01-19-2012 at 06:14 AM.
  13. #88  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyH View Post
    I have a UK wifi Xoom. Can I apply this update?

    I tried to install on my stock Xoom and it gets so far as to say the package failed verification. I downloaded the zip from the link in this thread.
    No. US wifi xoom only. And the update is now being pushed ota.

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk


    Samsung S4 Google Play Edition
    Thanked by:
    GuyH 
  14. #89  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    This is an extremely informative thread. Several people answering a lot of questions without being smart or condescending. I learned just by reading what an OTG is and what it is used for. I learned that when concerning the Xoom, not all memory sticks are created equal. I learned about different errors that I might receive and what they mean and how to correct them. Great information. One question that I have, since we are talking about WiFi Xoom, am I right in assuming that that includes the WiFi Family Edition?
  15. #90  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    Accepted the update, rebooted but got stuck on the exclamation icon screen. Reboots leave it on the Motorola screen. When I get home I will try the USB method. Mine is wifi only. Should I remove the SD card? Saw somewhere that it might interfere with the upgrade.
  16. #91  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    Quote Originally Posted by gibby357 View Post
    This is an extremely informative thread. Several people answering a lot of questions without being smart or condescending. I learned just by reading what an OTG is and what it is used for. I learned that when concerning the Xoom, not all memory sticks are created equal. I learned about different errors that I might receive and what they mean and how to correct them. Great information. One question that I have, since we are talking about WiFi Xoom, am I right in assuming that that includes the WiFi Family Edition?
    No. That's a different piece of hardware and has its own rom, unfortunately. There has been a great deal of talk on other forums of not just when, but, if the FE is going to see ICS. I really don't have any knowledge of the device other than to tell you it's not the same as the original WIFI edition. Sorry to be the bearer of what is likely not going to be popular news.
  17. #92  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    Quote Originally Posted by Geezerb View Post
    Accepted the update, rebooted but got stuck on the exclamation icon screen. Reboots leave it on the Motorola screen. When I get home I will try the USB method. Mine is wifi only. Should I remove the SD card? Saw somewhere that it might interfere with the upgrade.
    It won't hurt to remove it. That doesn't sound like a good situation, however. I hope you're able to get it sorted out.
  18. #93  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    It won't hurt to remove it. That doesn't sound like a good situation, however. I hope you're able to get it sorted out.
    I removed the SD card, rebooted & it came up with the old version. I tried forcing an update via settings but nothing. My guess is the update file was saved to the SD card. After an extensive search through my house I concluded that I don't have the correct cable to use above method. Will an external SD card & reader work?
  19. #94  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    Quote Originally Posted by Geezerb View Post
    I removed the SD card, rebooted & it came up with the old version. I tried forcing an update via settings but nothing. My guess is the update file was saved to the SD card. After an extensive search through my house I concluded that I don't have the correct cable to use above method. Will an external SD card & reader work?
    I doubt it but you never know. But the OTA update gets downloaded to /system/cache afaik, so, that wouldn't be on the sd card.
  20. #95  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    I doubt it but you never know. But the OTA update gets downloaded to /system/cache afaik, so, that wouldn't be on the sd card.
    Don't want to be a nuisance, but is there any way to force the OTA DL again? Got all exited for nothing it seems
  21. #96  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    Quote Originally Posted by Geezerb View Post
    Don't want to be a nuisance, but is there any way to force the OTA DL again? Got all exited for nothing it seems
    I don't know. One would think doing a system update check would find it. If it's not, I really don't know what to tell you unfortunately.
  22. #97  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    Here is how to force the OTA DL:

    Here is the fastest way to pull the OTA update from the sky.

    Go to Setting –> Apps –> search for Google Services Framework –> Clear data –> Now go to About Tablet –> System Updates –> then hit Check Now button.
    Thanked by:
  23. #98  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    Good to know. Thanks for that.
  24. #99  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    Quote Originally Posted by Geezerb View Post
    Here is how to force the OTA DL:

    Here is the fastest way to pull the OTA update from the sky.

    Go to Setting –> Apps –> search for Google Services Framework –> Clear data –> Now go to About Tablet –> System Updates –> then hit Check Now button.
    Thanks for the suggestion Geezerb but sadly that still shows no system update for me . Waiting for the OTG cable to be delivered (no one local had one) and was hoping that would do the trick. Ah well, something something patience, something something, right?
  25. #100  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    Listload: Did you reboot after clearing GS Framework? You might give that a try. Then do the System update check.

    Good Luck!
    Cbill
    Transformers (2), Xoom, Nook Color (MicroSD root), Galaxy 7+, Optimus V (root)
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B