Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Results 101 to 117 of 117
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #101  

    Thumbs down Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    Quote Originally Posted by Geezerb View Post
    Here is how to force the OTA DL:

    Here is the fastest way to pull the OTA update from the sky.

    Go to Setting > Apps > search for Google Services Framework > Clear data > Now go to About Tablet > System Updates > then hit Check Now button.
    After discovering none of my 3 thumb drives are recognized, even after reformatting FAT32, and verifying the integrity of my cabling via my phone, I tried this method (including rebooting) with no success.

    Looks like this kid is just stuck with 3.1 and is gonna have to wait for Motorola to pull their head out. Crap!
  2. #102  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    Quote Originally Posted by redeye knight View Post
    After discovering none of my 3 thumb drives are recognized, even after reformatting FAT32, and verifying the integrity of my cabling via my phone, I tried this method (including rebooting) with no success.

    Looks like this kid is just stuck with 3.1 and is gonna have to wait for Motorola to pull their head out. Crap!
    Are you sure yours is a wifi only model?
  3. #103  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    Quote Originally Posted by Geezerb View Post
    Are you sure yours is a wifi only model?
    Yes.
  4. #104  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    the download link isint working nor is multipauplode itslef
  5. #105  

    Default Re: Motorola Xoom ICS update. FLASH WITH NO ROOT REQUIRED

    Quote Originally Posted by harold42483 View Post
    All the external link was supply the file. I tried to upload the file but i kept getting an error probably becasue the file is 80mb. I did supply a step by step guide which i made by trail and error which reads:

    Ok i think i figured it out. You cannot use the mircosd card slot to install the file.

    you must use the otg cable.

    And for anyone not familiar with recovery boot for the motorola Xoom here are the steps
    1. Reboot press power and volume up button at same time.
    2. At the motorola dual core screen>> press volume down ONCE after about 2 seconds you will see recover at the top left of screen.Press power button. If anything else comes up go back to step one and repeat. (Timing is wierd here)
    3.We should be at the green android screen with the yellow warning sign. Press power and volume up keys once at the same time. This brings up the recovery menu. Use the Volume keys to move up and down and the power button to select.


    I will add this to the OP and edit some things. Would that be enough
    I get a red warning sign instead of the yellow one. So nothing happens when I press both keys at once.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #106  
    harold42483's Avatar

    Posts
    526 Posts
    Global Posts
    646 Global Posts
    ROM
    Motorola Xoom Running ICS

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    i will be updating the OP with a new download link for the update.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #107  
    harold42483's Avatar

    Posts
    526 Posts
    Global Posts
    646 Global Posts
    ROM
    Motorola Xoom Running ICS

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    Ok everybody the OP has beed updated with a working Download link.
  8. #108  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    I am having this same problem. I have a 4G LTE Xoom. I have downloaded the [ROM][Nightly][ICS] Team Eos US 4G Nightlies (Stingray4G/MZ602) as well as the IML77 and they both do the same thing. I am probably doing something wrong as I am new to this but what is it?

    Thanks
  9. #109  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    I'm curious for people who are running ICS and have had time to let the "new" wear off, if they still like it. I have CM9 (ICS) on my Droid 3 and love it, but I also have no issues with Honeycomb on my Xoom. Honeycomb was specifically designed with tablets in mind so I am reluctant to switch to ICS for that reason. Updates???
  10. #110  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    Quote Originally Posted by nccj72 View Post
    I am having this same problem. I have a 4G LTE Xoom. I have downloaded the [ROM][Nightly][ICS] Team Eos US 4G Nightlies (Stingray4G/MZ602) as well as the IML77 and they both do the same thing. I am probably doing something wrong as I am new to this but what is it?

    Thanks
    Posts that say "I am having this same problem" without giving any details of WHAT the problem is are not helpful. Detail exactly what you're having an issue with so we can help.
  11. #111  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    Quote Originally Posted by zbellm85 View Post
    I'm curious for people who are running ICS and have had time to let the "new" wear off, if they still like it. I have CM9 (ICS) on my Droid 3 and love it, but I also have no issues with Honeycomb on my Xoom. Honeycomb was specifically designed with tablets in mind so I am reluctant to switch to ICS for that reason. Updates???
    Still loving ICS on the Xoom. Team EOS has been awesome. It's faster than HC by far. Really no complaints and I use my Xoom every day. (Well, Hulu+ working would be nice, but, we're not sure that's the fault of the custom ROM just yet)
  12. #112  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    Still loving ICS on the Xoom. Team EOS has been awesome. It's faster than HC by far. Really no complaints and I use my Xoom every day. (Well, Hulu+ working would be nice, but, we're not sure that's the fault of the custom ROM just yet)
    cool thx. since there's no root required is i pretty easy to flash back to HC if I want?

    EDIT: and more importantly...does this method work on Family Edition also?
  13. #113  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    Quote Originally Posted by zbellm85 View Post
    cool thx. since there's no root required is i pretty easy to flash back to HC if I want?

    EDIT: and more importantly...does this method work on Family Edition also?
    I don't believe it'll work on the Family Edition. However, if it does, then you can flash to ICS. Going back I don't know. Never tried. I imagine you'd have to flash a whole image which most likely would wipe the Xoom going back. Just a guess though.
  14. #114  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    My bad, signature verification failed when trying to flash from usb
  15. #115  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    Quote Originally Posted by nccj72 View Post
    My bad, signature verification failed when trying to flash from usb
    Oh that fun stuff. I would try redownloading it and if that doesn't work it's possible that the flash drive isn't being nice.
  16. #116  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    Hi guys just joined up, found this site after googling the subject of this thread...

    Have tried following the guide in the OP of this thread to flash ICS onto my xoom, but constantly getting that signature verification error some others have reported..

    I have redowned the rom 4 times from the link in OP, and have also found it via other sites on other hosts with the exact same filename and fileseize, and have also tried my 3 different brand and size usb sticks (512mb, 2gb & 4gb), but every time get the same verification error....

    Can anyone advise what might be going wrong?

    (I have a uk wifi xoom on hc 3.2)
  17. #117  

    Default Re: How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

    In response to my own post above, i have now found the easiest method yet for flashing wifi xoom to ICS

    here....

    works direct from the standard usb connector to PC, and dead simple to do...
    did mine last night and works fine...
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Posting Permissions