How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

redeye knight

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Here is how to force the OTA DL:

Here is the fastest way to pull the OTA update from the sky.

Go to Setting ?> Apps ?> search for Google Services Framework ?> Clear data ?> Now go to About Tablet ?> System Updates ?> then hit Check Now button.

After discovering none of my 3 thumb drives are recognized, even after reformatting FAT32, and verifying the integrity of my cabling via my phone, I tried this method (including rebooting) with no success.

Looks like this kid is just stuck with 3.1 and is gonna have to wait for Motorola to pull their head out. Crap! :(

Geezerb

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
After discovering none of my 3 thumb drives are recognized, even after reformatting FAT32, and verifying the integrity of my cabling via my phone, I tried this method (including rebooting) with no success.

Looks like this kid is just stuck with 3.1 and is gonna have to wait for Motorola to pull their head out. Crap! :(

Are you sure yours is a wifi only model?

smokeydroid543

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Motorola Xoom ICS update. FLASH WITH NO ROOT REQUIRED

All the external link was supply the file. I tried to upload the file but i kept getting an error probably becasue the file is 80mb. I did supply a step by step guide which i made by trail and error which reads:

Ok i think i figured it out. You cannot use the mircosd card slot to install the file.

you must use the otg cable.

And for anyone not familiar with recovery boot for the motorola Xoom here are the steps
1. Reboot press power and volume up button at same time.
2. At the motorola dual core screen>> press volume down ONCE after about 2 seconds you will see recover at the top left of screen.Press power button. If anything else comes up go back to step one and repeat. (Timing is wierd here)
3.We should be at the green android screen with the yellow warning sign. Press power and volume up keys once at the same time. This brings up the recovery menu. Use the Volume keys to move up and down and the power button to select.

I will add this to the OP and edit some things. Would that be enough

I get a red warning sign instead of the yellow one. So nothing happens when I press both keys at once.

nccj72

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I am having this same problem. I have a 4G LTE Xoom. I have downloaded the [ROM][Nightly][ICS] Team Eos US 4G Nightlies (Stingray4G/MZ602) as well as the IML77 and they both do the same thing. I am probably doing something wrong as I am new to this but what is it?

Thanks

zbellm85

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious for people who are running ICS and have had time to let the "new" wear off, if they still like it. I have CM9 (ICS) on my Droid 3 and love it, but I also have no issues with Honeycomb on my Xoom. Honeycomb was specifically designed with tablets in mind so I am reluctant to switch to ICS for that reason. Updates???

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I am having this same problem. I have a 4G LTE Xoom. I have downloaded the [ROM][Nightly][ICS] Team Eos US 4G Nightlies (Stingray4G/MZ602) as well as the IML77 and they both do the same thing. I am probably doing something wrong as I am new to this but what is it?

Thanks

Posts that say "I am having this same problem" without giving any details of WHAT the problem is are not helpful. Detail exactly what you're having an issue with so we can help.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious for people who are running ICS and have had time to let the "new" wear off, if they still like it. I have CM9 (ICS) on my Droid 3 and love it, but I also have no issues with Honeycomb on my Xoom. Honeycomb was specifically designed with tablets in mind so I am reluctant to switch to ICS for that reason. Updates???

Still loving ICS on the Xoom. Team EOS has been awesome. It's faster than HC by far. Really no complaints and I use my Xoom every day. (Well, Hulu+ working would be nice, but, we're not sure that's the fault of the custom ROM just yet)

zbellm85

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Still loving ICS on the Xoom. Team EOS has been awesome. It's faster than HC by far. Really no complaints and I use my Xoom every day. (Well, Hulu+ working would be nice, but, we're not sure that's the fault of the custom ROM just yet)

cool thx. since there's no root required is i pretty easy to flash back to HC if I want?

EDIT: and more importantly...does this method work on Family Edition also?

Last edited:

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
cool thx. since there's no root required is i pretty easy to flash back to HC if I want?

EDIT: and more importantly...does this method work on Family Edition also?

I don't believe it'll work on the Family Edition. However, if it does, then you can flash to ICS. Going back I don't know. Never tried. :D I imagine you'd have to flash a whole image which most likely would wipe the Xoom going back. Just a guess though.

misterbarlow

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys just joined up, found this site after googling the subject of this thread...

Have tried following the guide in the OP of this thread to flash ICS onto my xoom, but constantly getting that signature verification error some others have reported..

I have redowned the rom 4 times from the link in OP, and have also found it via other sites on other hosts with the exact same filename and fileseize, and have also tried my 3 different brand and size usb sticks (512mb, 2gb & 4gb), but every time get the same verification error....

Can anyone advise what might be going wrong?

(I have a uk wifi xoom on hc 3.2)

misterbarlow

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
In response to my own post above, i have now found the easiest method yet for flashing wifi xoom to ICS

here....

works direct from the standard usb connector to PC, and dead simple to do...
did mine last night and works fine...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463