Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Default Re: [Guide] How to flash ICS on a Stock LTE Xoom

mmmh i spoke too fast
    i choose the language, then click "next"... it tells me "just a second"...
    and then it asks me for a PUK code and a PINCODE... i precise i live in france, bought the 3G Verizon Xoom on ebay, and never used it with 3G. So i don't have any pincode nor PUK code...

(i love speaking with yself) here's the trick: to bypass the verizon activation, just click clockwise the 4 coners of the screen, beginning with the upper left one!!
    1------->2
    I
    v
    4 <-----3

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

I remember seeing that as well but I think I just bypassed it. Everything seems to be working...downloaded some apps last night. I'm still tinkering with it today. If something comes up I will post.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Jelly Bean Rom

Quote Originally Posted by AceXMachine View Post
    because you are typing boot.imB instead of boot.imG (should be .img, not .imb)
    yes i did mess up on the 1st try. all is said was error. the very next line in the photo i put .img and it said flash was a success. Check out the photo again. The very last lines of text.

My Verizon 3G Xoom has been hanging at the shimmering blue android screen for quite a while. I installed the zips in this order:

-ICS
    -Google Apps
    -Root

Everything in the process went smoothly, but I'm starting to get nervous. If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know! In the meantime, I'll leave it alone.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Jelly Bean Rom

Quote Originally Posted by AceXMachine View Post
    because you are typing boot.imB instead of boot.imG (should be .img, not .imb)
    Went perfect this time and same result. Man, someone has to know what I am doing wrong.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Guide] How to flash ICS on a Stock LTE Xoom-img_20120116_083614.jpg  
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  
    TheSickAndTwisted

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    ROM
    EOS 4 (forever)

Quote Originally Posted by doclee07 View Post
    Mine hung up at the batwings as well. I went back through the process and switched the .zip file order to:

Xoom.Zone.ICS.1.9.12.v2
    gapps-ics-201111125-2
    Xoom-Universal-Root

After rebooting the flashy android logo hangs there for while. I put my charger on and left it for about half an hour. When I went to check on it I had ICS.

The only thing I'm not sure of is if I have root or not. I have the superuser app but when I went to use titanium backup it said it couldn't access root. Any thoughts?

Props to BasPilot for the instructions...I will be tinkering around with it today to see if I can solve the root issue.

BTW - I am running an upgraded Xoom. Bought it when it first came out and sent it in for the upgrade. Now running LTE.
    AWESOME!!! I was honest and said I wasn't sure, and I'm glad I was because you fixed it!!! I already edited it in the OP, and I will now go and give you credit because I forgot to look at your name before I edited it! Well done!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  
    TheSickAndTwisted

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    ROM
    EOS 4 (forever)

Quote Originally Posted by migespy View Post
    Went perfect this time and same result. Man, someone has to know what I am doing wrong.
    Have you tried a different MicroSD card? I did read that some cards just aren't happy with doing this. I don't know why, but they just don't like to do it.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Jelly Bean Rom

Quote Originally Posted by BasPilot View Post
    Have you tried a different MicroSD card? I did read that some cards just aren't happy with doing this. I don't know why, but they just don't like to do it.
    I haven't but I have two others I can try. Wish me luck. On the pic I posted a few comments up can you say if that is what I should be seeing after I flash boot.img?

Adobe flash does not show up anymore in websites, though it's installed and enabled in the browser... In addition to that the setup website for Flash remains blank... Any suggestion anyone?

So I did everything according to OP and I'm on the "ANDROID" shimmering text. I've waited probably about 1.5 hours now and its still going (or not going).

Any recommendations? Is it stuck? If so, how can I restart safely to CWM to retry? Thanks for any help.

Does anyone know if Exchange email and calendaring works OK on this build? I've been reading conflicting reports... also that it might be overcome by installing the EOS gapps zip? Since I use this for work and deal with 4 different exchange accounts, I wanted to be sure before I more the plunge. Thanks in advance!

Can i use this method on a Wifi only XOOM? i know there are instructions on how to do it with the Wifi only, but i dont have one of the usb OTG cables but do have everything listed at needed here, just not a 4G XOOM...

Quote Originally Posted by jchau526 View Post
    So I did everything according to OP and I'm on the "ANDROID" shimmering text. I've waited probably about 1.5 hours now and its still going (or not going).

Any recommendations? Is it stuck? If so, how can I restart safely to CWM to retry? Thanks for any help.
    Same here, 45 minutes in my case... Getting nervous
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  
    TheSickAndTwisted

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    ROM
    EOS 4 (forever)

Quote Originally Posted by mattsican View Post
    Can i use this method on a Wifi only XOOM? i know there are instructions on how to do it with the Wifi only, but i dont have one of the usb OTG cables but do have everything listed at needed here, just not a 4G XOOM...
    Yes, there are wifi only builds out there. I actually flashed one by accident first and was pissed because my 3g didn't work. Just substitute the zip file for ics with that build zip and you're good to go.

awesome. Gonna give it a shot. If i sub the wifi only build from the thread explaining it, then follow the instructions in this thread youre saying i should be good to go then?

My 4G LTE Xoom is stuck on the blue android as well......been about a half hour already
    Last edited by TheNutz11279; 01-16-2012 at 05:50 PM.

My 4G LTE Xoom is stuck on the shimmering android.... have reflashed everything in CWM and still same result. Need some help here.

Anyone have problems with activation after install

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

The first time I rebooted after installing the three files the screen went to the batwings followed by the shimmering android logo. I plugged in my charger and let it sit awhile, at least a half hour, but it could have been closer to an hour (got caught up in the giants game). When I went back to it the Xoom was ready.

Been running it fairly hard today, trying out various apps and all seems to be functioning fine. Good luck to you all.

ROM
    Eclipse 3.1 on both

Would it be better to boot into ics before rooting?

Thumbs up Re: [Guide] How to flash ICS on a Stock LTE Xoom

Thanks OP for the informative post, you really went the extra mile compiling all the info for all of us.

Here is how it went down for me...

Just FYI, before this guide i was already rooted running the stock rom with a clockwork mod recovery.

I downloaded Zone's ICS rom, as recommended by the OP.

I moved the Zone zip and the Gapps zip to the root of my xoom internal storage, i did not use microsd cards.

I shut down then booted up into recovery. Made a backup, wiped data, then installed the Zone zip.

It started right up into ICS, no issues. I DID NOT install the Gapps and all the google apps were already in the build.

To Note: When it first starts up and gets past the shimmering android text it will ask how you want to run the application. Choose 'Startup Wizard'

I DID NOT have to Root again, Superuser app and TB was included in the rom so it must already be rooted.

Dont know if this will help anyone but there ya go.

/\\/\\orlince

I dont currently pay for service on my xoom, it stayed on activation for about 10 min and then said i could skip activation.

Quote Originally Posted by guitardedhero View Post
    Would it be better to boot into ics before rooting?
    It doesnt make a difference whether you do it before your first boot into ICS or not. Besides, try running a rooted application once you get in to your programs and you may find you didn't lose root during the install. That's how it happened for me.

Quote Originally Posted by whitt3 View Post
    Anyone have problems with activation after install
    To skip activation, touch the 4 corners of the screen clockwise, starting from upper left ; it worked for me (verizon 3g Xoom used in France... Without 3g!)
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast