Swiping away browser tabs

jeffrs73

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone gotten swiping away browser tabs to work on their xoom? Saw this in ICS on the Galaxy Nexus, but wondering if it was ditched for ICS on the Xoom

joelkamp

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Swiping browser tabs is not a tablet feature since you always have the tabs available with the "X". This is only available on the phone version since you don't have tabs at the top of the page.

jsls

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Swiping browser tabs is not a tablet feature since you always have the tabs available with the "X". This is only available on the phone version since you don't have tabs at the top of the page.

From the change log: Swipe to dismiss notifications, tasks, and browser tabs
You can now dismiss browser tabs and individual notifications and apps from the Recent Apps list, with a finger swipe motion.

cbill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Jeff:

Swiping away tabs works great on my new ICS install. Smooth and very convenient! Are you saying you got your upgrade and it is not working!

cbill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Dada:

To make sure we are talking about the same thing; the "recent activities" list is brought up by hitting an icon on the lower left side of the screen (two overlapping rectangles). This action brings to the screen a vertical display of thumbnails showing screen images of recently opened apps that are running in the background. Touching a thumbnail, and swiping to the left (to the right I did not try) removes the app from the list (I assume that closes the app).

I also assume this is what the "Close by swiping" feature is.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
No. What you're doing is closing apps, not closing tabs in the browser. I don't have ICS yet, so I can't say either way.

TJH

joelkamp

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Is the browser "desktop" setting sticky with ICS?

It seems to be on some web sites but not others. It does not seem to stick on sites like the verge, but other sites seem to stay in desktop mode, at least until a restart. This is one of the features I have been somewhat disappointed in, hopefully it will get better in time.

joelkamp

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I interpreted "sticky" to mean it remembers the setting every time you come back to the same website.

Last edited:

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
there is a checkbox for requesting the desktop version on the browser settings dropdown (top right), but you have to recheck it everytime you open the browser. Easier than typing about debug, but still not sticky.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan