Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Swiping away browser tabs

Has anyone gotten swiping away browser tabs to work on their xoom? Saw this in ICS on the Galaxy Nexus, but wondering if it was ditched for ICS on the Xoom

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

Default Re: Swiping away browser tabs

Swiping browser tabs is not a tablet feature since you always have the tabs available with the "X". This is only available on the phone version since you don't have tabs at the top of the page.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joelkamp View Post
    Swiping browser tabs is not a tablet feature since you always have the tabs available with the "X". This is only available on the phone version since you don't have tabs at the top of the page.
    From the change log: Swipe to dismiss notifications, tasks, and browser tabs
    You can now dismiss browser tabs and individual notifications and apps from the Recent Apps list, with a finger swipe motion.

Jeff:

Swiping away tabs works great on my new ICS install. Smooth and very convenient! Are you saying you got your upgrade and it is not working!
    Cbill
    Transformers (2), Xoom, Nook Color (MicroSD root), Galaxy 7+, Optimus V (root)

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    ROM
    Kushdeck's ICS Alpha-5

cbill, i belive that is what he is saying. I don't see the function either. How did you get that working on your Xoom?

Dada:

To make sure we are talking about the same thing; the "recent activities" list is brought up by hitting an icon on the lower left side of the screen (two overlapping rectangles). This action brings to the screen a vertical display of thumbnails showing screen images of recently opened apps that are running in the background. Touching a thumbnail, and swiping to the left (to the right I did not try) removes the app from the list (I assume that closes the app).

I also assume this is what the "Close by swiping" feature is.
    Cbill

No. What you're doing is closing apps, not closing tabs in the browser. I don't have ICS yet, so I can't say either way.

TJH

Is the browser "desktop" setting sticky with ICS?

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lasersolo View Post
    Is the browser "desktop" setting sticky with ICS?
    It seems to be on some web sites but not others. It does not seem to stick on sites like the verge, but other sites seem to stay in desktop mode, at least until a restart. This is one of the features I have been somewhat disappointed in, hopefully it will get better in time.

What exactly do you mean by "is the browser desktop setting sticky"?
    Last edited by cbill; 01-23-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: typo
    Cbill

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

I interpreted "sticky" to mean it remembers the setting every time you come back to the same website.
    Last edited by joelkamp; 01-23-2012 at 09:00 PM.
    KJ

there is a checkbox for requesting the desktop version on the browser settings dropdown (top right), but you have to recheck it everytime you open the browser. Easier than typing about debug, but still not sticky.