Worth sending in my Xoom for the 4G upgrade if i never use it?

Cretz

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey. I bought my Xoom almost a year ago. I was one of the lucky ones who got the 4G LTE $800 version for $600 on Motos site. I am just wondering if it is even worth sending in my Xoom for the upgrade if I never intend on paying Verizon for 4G. I guess the only reason would be if I decide to sell it one day, it could increase its value.

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Worth sending in my Xoom for the 4G upgrade if i never use it

Yes. It is FREE. Plus, if you do not upgrade it, all of the future upgrades to OS (i.e. ICS) will not be able to happen.

Plus, if you do ever decide to sell it, if it has not been upgraded to 4G LTE, you will not be able to get anything out of it.

Just my two cents.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

I also say yea, but I say yes because if you decide later to use it, you will want it. And if you wait too long and they close the program you could be left out and mad at yourself.

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't use the 4G, and I sent mine in for the upgrade on the first day that we could. I really like the fact that I can pull my 4G Sim card out of my Bionic and insert it into my Xoom, and the 4G works like a charm.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site

Good advice here. I was persuaded to send mine in just this week if only to be eligible for updates to the OS.

So swapping SIM cards works? Very cool. (I don't have an LTE phone, nor do I have LTE service, but someday...)

TJH

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Good advice here. I was persuaded to send mine in just this week if only to be eligible for updates to the OS.

So swapping SIM cards works? Very cool. (I don't have an LTE phone, nor do I have LTE service, but someday...)

TJH

Just be sure the LTE phone has a full sized SIM like the Bionic and not a Micro SIM like the Razr.

Sent from my 4G Xoom using Tapatalk.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

The 4g sim card are supposed to be device specific! So if it indeed works, I believe you are very lucky and it is also extremely funny at the same time!

For real though I would be personally weary of putting my similar card in other devices because they are overly sensitive and fragile beyond normal expectations!

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
The 4g sim card are supposed to be device specific! So if it indeed works, I believe you are very lucky and it is also extremely funny at the same time!

For real though I would be personally weary of putting my similar card in other devices because they are overly sensitive and fragile beyond normal expectations!

I agree with the statement that they are fragile.

As far as working in the Xoom, if I put the Sim from my Bionic into my Xoom then log into the Verizon website from my PC, it shows the Xoom as my device with a nice picture of the Xoom. As soon as I switch the Sim back to the Bionic, the website changes my device back to the Bionic.

Sent from my 4G Xoom using Tapatalk.

ctechnow

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

I just sent mine in for the upgrade today. I'm in the same boat as you and never plan to pay Verizon but I do have a 4g sim in my Nexus. I guess I will have to try using that in my Xoom once I get it back.

erzhik

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Definitely worth it. I sent mine in on 18th, got it back on 20th with free standard dock (even though I already have HD dock).
They pay for shipping, so why not? Plus if you want ICS, you need to upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2