having a bit of an issues. I have a lot of .avi files on my computer that i had no problem moving over to the Xoom to watch when flying. I did the OTA update last weekend and now, everytime i try and move a file over to the Xoom, i get a message saying that Windows Explorer has failed. I can move the file to a thumb drive, to another folder, but not to the Xoom.

Has anyone had this issue happen? any ideas how to make it work?
    01-24-2012 01:28 PM
    I have moved files after ICS update and have had no problems moving files as you say.

I did how ever, once I updated My Xoom? I did a system restore right away and started clean. No problems as many has had in all other respects.
    01-24-2012 01:48 PM
    what do you mean by a system restore?
    01-24-2012 04:28 PM
    Sorry, Factory data reset. so,

Settings>Backup & reset>Factory data rest
    01-24-2012 06:31 PM
    Check this thread out over at Xoomfrums --

ICS and SD Card

The solution there for a different SD copy problem might help with yours (clear the mediastore database). Worth a try.

Dave

Dave
    01-24-2012 08:22 PM
    I'm also having issues now post OTA. Mac user; used the AFT app prior; but now post upgrade my Movies folder does not show up in AFT?? I have also passed through to a Win7 VM and explored and same result; no Movies folder?? Any ideas? My content is intact and functioning post ICS; Movies still show up in the Gallery app I just can't add any new :-(
    01-24-2012 09:33 PM
    Sorry, Factory data reset. so,

Settings>Backup & reset>Factory data rest
    sorry for asking dumb questions. Will this remove all the applications that i have on it? i would assume so, but not sure.
    01-26-2012 09:50 AM
    sorry for asking dumb questions. Will this remove all the applications that i have on it? i would assume so, but not sure.
    Yes. all but the stock ones that come with the OS
    01-26-2012 12:17 PM
    This doesn't address the problem directly but have you tried WiFi File Explorer from the market? It's fast and wireless and works from any computer with a modern browser. No more USB issues (Windows) or AndroidFileTransfer (Mac) problems.

Give it a try.

TJH
    01-28-2012 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD