1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Default Moving files to Xoom

having a bit of an issues. I have a lot of .avi files on my computer that i had no problem moving over to the Xoom to watch when flying. I did the OTA update last weekend and now, everytime i try and move a file over to the Xoom, i get a message saying that Windows Explorer has failed. I can move the file to a thumb drive, to another folder, but not to the Xoom.

Has anyone had this issue happen? any ideas how to make it work?

Default Re: Moving files to Xoom

I have moved files after ICS update and have had no problems moving files as you say.

I did how ever, once I updated My Xoom? I did a system restore right away and started clean. No problems as many has had in all other respects.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

what do you mean by a system restore?

Sorry, Factory data reset. so,

Settings>Backup & reset>Factory data rest

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts

Check this thread out over at Xoomfrums --

The solution there for a different SD copy problem might help with yours (clear the mediastore database). Worth a try.

Dave

Dave

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

I'm also having issues now post OTA. Mac user; used the AFT app prior; but now post upgrade my Movies folder does not show up in AFT?? I have also passed through to a Win7 VM and explored and same result; no Movies folder?? Any ideas? My content is intact and functioning post ICS; Movies still show up in the Gallery app I just can't add any new :-(
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper View Post
    Sorry, Factory data reset. so,

Settings>Backup & reset>Factory data rest
    sorry for asking dumb questions. Will this remove all the applications that i have on it? i would assume so, but not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by tidefan View Post
    sorry for asking dumb questions. Will this remove all the applications that i have on it? i would assume so, but not sure.
    Yes. all but the stock ones that come with the OS

This doesn't address the problem directly but have you tried WiFi File Explorer from the market? It's fast and wireless and works from any computer with a modern browser. No more USB issues (Windows) or AndroidFileTransfer (Mac) problems.

Give it a try.

TJH