1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Default Getting slow and choppy

I'm not sure what is up with my Xoom. It has gotten really slow.. There are delays in switching between home screens, opening apps and etc.
    Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

ROM
    Tiamat 2.1.0 Manta Ray

Uninstall the newest apps and restart.

Anything you recently got.

Sent from my Echo

Default Re: Getting slow and choppy

Don't know which Xoom you have but I experienced the same thing when ICS was pushed out. I thought myself "this is a update?". A few reboots later everything was back to normal. I did note some apps needed to be updated when I manually checked each one, they were not automatically flagged.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsacto View Post
    Don't know which Xoom you have but I experienced the same thing when ICS was pushed out. I thought myself "this is a update?". A few reboots later everything was back to normal. I did note some apps needed to be updated when I manually checked each one, they were not automatically flagged.
    I'm on the original Xoom 4G LTE. We don't see updates very often on this one. I think it might have been Lookout.

Prior to sending it in for the 4G upgrade, mine was performing exactly as you describe. It was embarrassing, really. I have no proof if the 4G upgrade had anything to do with it, but when it came back, it was really fast and smooth. I mean it: Day and Night. A couple updates to Pulse Newsreader might have helped, but besides that I haven't really done anything differently.

One thing I was hoping would have disappeared after the upgrade was the FC on android.mediastore.somethingoranother. It crashes moments after starting the Xoom. No idea why and can't find the offending app. Regardless, the tablet performs flawlessly.

TJH

Global Posts
    446 Global Posts

Mine was doing the same thing after I updated to ICS. After awhile it seems to have smoothed out after several reboots over several days