Verizon announces list of phones to get Ice Cream Sandwich update

legendarydog

Android Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Just in case you missed it:
No real surprises here -- the XYBOARDS already had been announced, same for the Xoom and the Rezound. Tt's good to see the ThunderBolt and Droid Incredible 2 make it.

Here's the full list

HTC: ThunderBolt, Droid Incredible 2, Rhyme, Rezound
Motorola: Xoom, Bionic, RAZR/RAZR MAXX, Droid XYBOARD 8.2/10.1
Samsung: Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Tab 7.7
LG: Spectrum
No word on when the updates will come.

Source:
http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-announces-list-phones-get-ice-cream-sandwich-update

I'm getting impatient and I might just flash a custom rom. But to those who are patient, it's still coming!

This update came from Verizon, by the way.

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon announces list of phones to get Ice Cream Sandwich up

well i guess that is sorta good news, at least they announced it

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site

I have it on my WiFi Xoom. Its nothing revolutionary. Its like going from Windows Vista to Windows 7, no major changes but everything now works like its supposed to.

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Go to this link and weep.
https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c
The XOOM doesn't even have a date. They have dates for other devices. Why not 3G/LTE XOOM?

Call me paranoid, but I believe this may be equivalent to "The check is in the mail." You may never see ICS. If you do, don't expect it soon. September... October...? Maybe in the first quarter of 2013.

At this point, I'd put money down on "Never."

I'm running ICS on my 3G/LTE. You can too. It's easy.

There's a very nice "How to" in the root section of this XOOM forum. I prefer the Eos ROM, but that's a personal preference. Read and follow the directions carefully and you will be rocking ICS very soon.

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Go to this link and weep.
https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c
The XOOM doesn't even have a date. They have dates for other devices. Why not 3G/LTE XOOM?

Call me paranoid, but I believe this may be equivalent to "The check is in the mail." You may never see ICS. If you do, don't expect it soon. September... October...? Maybe in the first quarter of 2013.

At this point, I'd put money down on "Never."

I'm running ICS on my 3G/LTE. You can too. It's easy.

There's a very nice "How to" in the root section of this XOOM forum. I prefer the Eos ROM, but that's a personal preference. Read and follow the directions carefully and you will be rocking ICS very soon.

Are you sure they have dates for the other devices?

This thread is specific to Verizon announcing the phones that will get ICS. It you look at some of the phones and tablets that are getting ICS on Verizon, you see the following:

Xyboard - Further details to follow
RAZR - Furhter details to follow
Photon - further details to follow
Xoom - further details to follow

Not sure how the above can indicate that the other devices have dates already.

I think the one thing about this announcement is that up to that point, Verizon had not even come out and said it, and everyone speculated that there was a problem with ICS and the 4G radios. With Verizon making the announcement, it seems that the release will happen, compared to us listening to all who say it never will come.

No need to worry about the sky falling. Just patiently wait and get it when it comes. OR root and get it earlier. Each and every person's choice

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1