How to Flash ICS 4.0.4 No Root Required

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
How to flash Android Version 4.0.4 Build IMM76 for Motorola Xoom WiFi U.S. Version Only:

Before we begin let me start with some key information. This is for the U.S. WiFi Xoom only. Your device must be stock and unrooted for this to work.
This guide is not for rooted Motorola Xooms nor is it for the LTE Motorola Xoom

Here is what you will need:

Place the .zip onto the thumb drive

***Please not that you cannot install the update via the microSD card slot on the Xoom. It must be done via OTG cable or Micro USB Male to USB A Female Adapter.

***Please familiarize yourself with the power and volume buttons as this is what we will be using to flash the update.

Let us begin with these steps:
  • Power Down Device
  • Power the device
  • At the Motorola Dual Core Screen (wait 2 seconds after screen appears)>>> Press volume down button once. You should see "RECOVERY" at the top left corner of the screen. (If you see anything else there reboot the system again and repeat the process) Now Press the volume UP button to select this option.
  • You should now be at a screen with a green android, that has gears in his chest, and we should see a yellow hazard sign.>>> Press Volume Up and Power Button at the same time. This is the only way to bring up the recovery menu.
  • Now use the volume buttons to scroll down to : Apply update from USB drive. Press the power button to select.
  • Now this brings you to our final step: The package install menu>>> scroll down to where you have the .zip using volume up and down. Select the file with the power button.
  • Now just sit back and let your Xoom do the rest. And enjoy Android is 4.0.4, build IMM76!!!!!
Please remember if at any time you selected the wrong option Press and hold the power to restart the tablet.

Enhancements:

• Quicker screen rotation
  • A new setting to choose whether the power button immediately locks the device or not
  • Microsoft Exchange improvements with additional EAS policies
  • Better phone number recognition
  • Camera and image quality improvements
  • Improved stability

kC_

May 23, 2010
Visit site
tried that I get a red exclamation (not green)

Then apply update.... and get...

assert failed: apply patch space 10408888
E:error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
status 7
installation aborted

(currently on 4.03)q

***tried 2 USB pens 4gb & 8gb

Last edited:

zextek

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Status 7 error here too.

After I got the error, I tried the 4.0.3 update.zip but now there's a problem with it. It's also reporting a :(status 7 error.

Very strange

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
well after 2 days of research i've come up empty handed. i can confirm that clearing google Services Framework Data works. you may have to do it two or three times to get it to update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie