Ordered Xoom from 1 Day Sale is it legit?

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Ordered a Xoom yesterday from 1 Day Sale. I read on this forum that some of the units are International units etc. I thought that they would be US units. What is the difference between the International units and US units. Does it really matter or should I cancel the order? Need info ASAP so that I can cancel if you suggest it.

Guru

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I ordered one for the GF. Was waiting for the new Samsung but couldn't pass this deal up. She can tether on her TMobile phone so it should work perfectly for her uses, has ICS reat battery life and nice screen.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I picked up one from them as well. A lot of the bad reviews are usually about shipping. But if you read their FAQs, it can take 3-14 days to ship.

jeregano

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I ordered one as well. Is it difficult to flash an international model to a US model?

I am a little concerned about some reviews from people who have waited months for their product. The Xoom hasn't processed yet, but it has only been 6 days which is apparently on the short end of 1saleaday.com's processing time (5-10 days) according to their website.:(

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I am in the same situation Jeregano. I am waiting for my Xoom and am wondering if I just wait for Moto to release the Euro version instead of me trying to figure out how to convert it to the US version.

jeregano

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
OK. So the Xoom has shipped. We will see if it is an international version when it arrives. Does anyone know for sure a way to tell international from US?

In the case of an international arrival I have found 2 ways to get Google Experience Device (US style) on the Xoom. Both seem pretty easy and if I need to I may try this one myself:
GEDify your non-US WiFi Xoom – For n00bs | Reinvent The Wheel

I do not have a lot of SDK experience (Exactly:zero) but the process seems simple enough...this is of course if I need to do so. First I will just test to see if it updates by going into Settings>About Tablet>System Updates>Check Now (I understand I may have to go through 3 updates before I am ICS'd?). If so, great it is a US version. If not, even before I try to download apps etc and start getting information etc on it I will try above. It does not seem much more difficult than the process of rooting my Nook Color was. We'll see and I will keep you informed.

adelcastillo78

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I got my xoom yesterday, ordered from 1saleaday. How do I know if is the US or international? It came with ICS 4.03 preloaded and a US charger. I kept trying to update to see if it would pick up the 4.04 update but it said its up to date...

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I got my xoom yesterday, ordered from 1saleaday. How do I know if is the US or international? It came with ICS 4.03 preloaded and a US charger. I kept trying to update to see if it would pick up the 4.04 update but it said its up to date...

I believe it is the US version. The other versions are still on 3.xx. But I might be wrong. I can't wait to get mine. I will get it Tuesday but I'm away so I will have to wait until Friday.

Castorshells

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the Acer a100 from that site a few days ago. Still processing but its clearly stated that there is a wait time for shipping.

Its all good, ICS just starting rolling out for that tablet too.

Korian

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi fellow xoomers-

Wanted to say that I bought a second Xoom for my partner from 1sad and I received it last week. I opened it up to check it and found that it already had ICS - 4.0.3 already loaded. By the time I was done checking it out, it detected an update, and proceeded to d/l 4.0.4 - that's when the Android Robot appeared on his back with a red exclamation mark. I just assumed it didn't update, but when I checked for updates, Android came back and said the device was fully updated(??) strange, huh?

Even stranger when I checked the Android version and it was still 4.0.3! Since then, its made numerous attempts to update to 4.04, and get this - some seem to actually work! But when I go back in later, the version goes back down from 4.04 to 4.03 bizarre to say the least.

Now, I'm happy with it, he's happy with it - it works as it should, and I really hate to go fooling around and tinkering with it.

My main question - I know this is a brand new device, but how can I tell which market it was actually destined for in the first place? Is there some sort of indicator that can tell me if the device was made for the US, UK, European, Central, or South American markets? You know,some sort of code?

In the meantime, I'll just keep watching these forums about the Xoom's 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 update problem.

Korian

Guru

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
My GF's came in from 1daysale last week. No problems at all and came with 4.0.3 preloaded. 4.0.4 was installed once hooked up to the wifi. Very nice! She has been resting from taking sick Monday so I don't think she has even looked at it yet.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I had some issues with 4.0.4 as well. It came with 4.0.3. I rooted my Xoom and unlocked my Xoom then installed pre rooted 4.0.4. Worked like a charm.

d14racer24

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, did anybody else receive theirs in a box that was 5x too big for the factory box with absolutely no internal packaging other than a plastic bag around the factory box? Both of the security stickers were also cut. Then to top it off, when trying to enter my credentials I was unable to press the "r/4" or "t/5" buttons; it would simply freeze, then proceed to give me a superscript 4 or 5. I was able to trick it somehow by pressing the backspace key. I have not had the issue since then, but it just makes me worry. Maybe I am being a bit picky, but even at ~40% off retail, I don't think things like this are acceptable. It was still a lot of money to me. I'm sure the 5 day trip from FL to MI was like riding on a cloud, so it probably didn't slide and bounce about in the over-sized shipping box. And if it is a new, retail product the stickers shouldn't be cut. I wanted to order another one of these for my GF for her birthday, but I'm a bit unsure after my experience. Thoughts?

Sorry for the rant!