Kindle/Mobi files

gonecks1

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Looking to see if there is an easy way to do this:

I have a folder full of books for kindle, its 19,000+ books to be exact. I put this on my Xoom today inside the Kindle app folder but when I open the Kindle app it doesn't see any of the folders. The problem is because within this folder there are subfolders and subfolders within those subfolders and the kindle app doesn't look in the subfolders. I know this is the problem because I took one book out of the folder(s) and placed only the book file into the kindle folder and it shows up.

Is there a way I can search/extract for only the mobi file so I can cut/paste. I do not want to have to do 19,000 books one a t time.

Thanks

VZW LTE, not rooted

LynnL

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
19,000 books is going to choke the app, sorry to say.

I'd suggest using a PC to pick the ones you want to transfer (e.g. books you might actually read) to the Xoom and storing the rest on your PC or in the cloud or whatever.

kaz2055

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
hi, i am new to all this so could do with some help with the tablet i have just got, i have download som books onto my pc thinking i can transfer them (they are mobi files) i didnt get the tablet for reading but thought why not be handy if it had some on it. cant find how to transfer them, or where to put them. - done the usually connected tablet to pc etc.
it is one of the cheaper one its a Sumvision cyclone voyager- it has
- Rockchip Dual Core 3066 1.6GHz
- Quad Core Graphics
- 1GB RAM + 16GB Flash
- 7" Touchscreen
- Wifi + Camera
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
if that helps, i would have thought that this model seem okay -but im am used to pcs not tablets.
Appreciate any help ..

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Just connect your tablet to your PC using the microusb/USB cable, open device and drag the book you want into the kindle folder. You may have to open then close, and re-open the kindle app for them to show up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2